1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Impromptu Long Exposure Shoot

Discussion in 'Portrait' started by Vincepad, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Vincepad

Vincepad TalkEmount Regular

Dec 29, 2013
    Impromptu Long Exposure Model Shoot

So I put out a call on Facebook to see who wanted to shoot today, and I had several responses. Sienna is one of my favorite models, and she could make it this afternoon, so we set up a really quick shoot based on a long exposure ('cause I love my new variable ND filter and I wanted to try it with a human in the picture), a wedding dress (because as a portrait and conceptual photographer I own some ridiculous wardrobe), and my Yong Nuo flashes (I'm still working on a flash kit to replace my Canon flashes). We came up with the idea to shoot a ghost bride who died 100 years ago. We decided she had been trampled by a horse and that we'd be recreating the ghost's recollection of that day. :) We shot six frames, three of which were tests to figure out the combination of flash and ambient exposure with a huge helping of neutral density filtration. Final stats: ISO 100, f/11, 25 seconds, 4 Yong Nuo 560-III flashes at full power (70mm setting), triggered by a Yong Nuo 506-TR transmitter. The only things added in post were the color effects.

Here's the shot straight out of the camera and the finished piece, which I called "Down to the Burial Ground."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1