Impressed with what RawTherapee has become

Amamba

TalkEmount All-Pro
I tried almost all RAW editors in existence trying to find one that worked for me.

I haven't used RawTherapee in years, every time I would try it it was too slow, too complicated, and / or led to unexpected results (like adding some major grain). Granted, it was my lack of understanding of it, but nevertheless...

Just out of boredom, I tried it again a week or so ago.

Wow, what a change !

It is still on a slow side, especially opening files and processing output, but very bearable.

The quality of tools though is - in my uneducated amateurish opinion - first class.

It is now actually easy to use, easy to experiment with, and easy to achieve good results.

It has all bases covered, except for local edits (to be expected). It has great tools like local contrast, microcontrast, local tone mapping, and they all work in a predictable, easy to control and easy to reverse manner.

It uses the lens profiles extracted from Adobe DNG Converter, so basically all Sony lenses are covered with little work.

While it would not make me give up C1P, I think it's an amazing tool considering it's a free software.

johnson4096

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Dan Johnson
I still prefer DxO but RawTherapee has greatly improved and well worth keeping around.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom