iMac Retina display

christilou

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Christina
I've got my new iMac up and running at last however I was happy with my 8 year old one. This 27 inch Retina display looks very grainy to me. Is this normal? Also, the "magic" mouse is rather hard to get used to. On my old mouse I never managed to right click, now it right clicks at the slightest pressure, I'm discovering all kinds of option s with every click! It's rather time consuming though ....

MWhite

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Mike
I'm going to guess about the display, not having a Retina (4K) display. You are seeing noise in your photos that you haven't seen before because of the higher resolution. As for the mouse, I never liked my magic mouse and traded it for a logitech mouse with buttons. Even so, you can change most of how the computer and peripheral behaves in settings, but you knew that...

WoodWorks

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
I'm going to guess about the display, not having a Retina (4K) display. You are seeing noise in your photos that you haven't seen before because of the higher resolution.
That seems likely to me too.
As for the mouse, I never liked my magic mouse and traded it for a logitech mouse with buttons.
I’ve used Apple’s wireless Magic Trackpad for years now, and prefer it greatly over a mouse. The multiple finger gestures and swipes (which you can configure to your liking) make tasks that used to require a mouse a breeze.

addieleman

Passionate amateur
Real Name
Ad Dieleman
I've got my new iMac up and running at last however I was happy with my 8 year old one. This 27 inch Retina display looks very grainy to me. Is this normal?
Never saw something like that on my 27" iMac with Retina screen (late 2015).
Also, the "magic" mouse is rather hard to get used to. On my old mouse I never managed to right click, now it right clicks at the slightest pressure, I'm discovering all kinds of option s with every click! It's rather time consuming though ....
I have tried to use the magic mouse, but its magic didn't work for me; also I got a sore hand in no time and wasn't prepared to run the risk of an injury. Bought a "normal" mouse, the Logitech MX Master 2S, and never looked back.

Plaatje

TalkEmount Rookie
That seems likely to me too.

I’ve used Apple’s wireless Magic Trackpad for years now, and prefer it greatly over a mouse. The multiple finger gestures and swipes (which you can configure to your liking) make tasks that used to require a mouse a breeze.
I’m also a Magic Trackpad user. Took me some time to get used to it. Have it now for many years, the Magic Mouse is eating dust, I never looked back.

Plaatje

TalkEmount Rookie
I'm going to guess about the display, not having a Retina (4K) display. You are seeing noise in your photos that you haven't seen before because of the higher resolution. As for the mouse, I never liked my magic mouse and traded it for a logitech mouse with buttons. Even so, you can change most of how the computer and peripheral behaves in settings, but you knew that...
Never saw something like that on my 27" iMac with Retina screen (late 2015).
I have tried to use the magic mouse, but its magic didn't work for me; also I got a sore hand in no time and wasn't prepared to run the risk of an injury. Bought a "normal" mouse, the Logitech MX Master 2S, and never looked back.
my iMac is from the pre Retina period so can’t help you with that. Never liked the Magic Mouse but became a fan of the Apple trackpad. Took some time to get used to it but still happy and never used a mouse again.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom