1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

ILCE-QX1 E Mount

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by serhan, Sep 2, 2014.

1. serhan

serhan TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
    Sony rumors: E-mount 4K camcorder leaked. ILCE-QX1 leaked too!
    SmartShot-ILCE-QX1_14_zpsa7ccef19.

• Like Like x 5
  2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Curious about the max. aperture of the 85mm and its price...My guess is that it'll be 2.8 and very expensive :)

3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    That seems very unwieldy.

4. José De Bardi

José De Bardi Assistant in Virtue

Aug 31, 2013
    Dorset, UK
    José
    Indeed - unless the control interfere app on the phone is AMAZING then I'm not sure what you are really gaining given the Nex cameras are so small anyway...

5. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    I like the idea, but it seems overkill.

6. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    I don't know. This one might be the first of these devices to actually tempt me. It would be great as a second camera for travel. And if it has a silent shutter option, I could imagine using it with my SEL35F28Z as a super-stealthy street shooter. You could just dangle the camera down by your side while you earnestly "search" for something on your phone. You could even have your back turned away from your subject. I hope Sony has worked out the phone/camera interface issues this time. But I don't have very high hopes. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  7. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    The issue I see is that you are not going to want this attached all the time. Then what do you do with the pieces? If you carry a bag, then O.K., but then you might as well carry your regular camera.

• Like Like x 1
  8. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    As I mentioned, it interests me as a 2nd camera for travel, which means that I would already be carrying another camera. In my case, that's the A7, and that camera already requires a bag of some sort. So this device would be a smaller and more versatile option compared to any other APS-C camera.

But even if I were to carry it alone, at least in the fall, winter, and spring, when it's cold enough around here to require a jacket, it would fit in my jacket pocket. And I'm always carrying my phone.

I'm not saying it's ideal, nor for everyone. All I'm saying is that it's the first of these devices to pique my interest. And when they're revealed, I'll be reading the specs with some interest.

• Like Like x 2
  9. serhan

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
    I guess everybody waits for this lens. All the mirrorless except Sony has one. Hopefully it will be a f1.8-2 lens. Previously Sony copied Zeiss 85mm 1.4 & 2.8 designs for the dslrs, but I think Sony is designing a new lens like FE 35mm & 55mm. Sony 55mm designer said that he wanted to design a fast prime like that in his interview...

10. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    I agree with David, it won't be everyone's cuppa tea, but I'd love one of these for when I'm hauling train crews around. I liked the concept of the fixed lens versions, but interchangeable lenses is just that much better.

This could the one Sony product that could get me to buy a 16-50. :cool:

11. serhan

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
    • Like Like x 2
  12. jai

jai TalkEmount Top Veteran

Feb 4, 2013
    It just seems nuts.

Such a clunky way to shoot. What Sony should be doing is focusing on improving the experiencing of getting photos off a camera and on to a smartphone.

• Like Like x 2
  13. chrid

chrid Super Noob

May 5, 2014
    australia
    Chris
    guess they need to sell those old sensors somehow :rolleyes:

14. serhan

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
    It's like a cannon:)

image4_zps2d354565.

Bildschirmfoto2014-09-02um154237_zps02be4107.

Bildschirmfoto2014-09-02um154244_zps0cfd45c1.

Attached Files:

15. mrlrz

mrlrz TalkEmount Regular

Nov 13, 2013
    You can shoot without smartphone too, so keeping it attached to the second lens make it great to shoot fast without switching (and framing).
    An overkill rear cap :)

16. SRHEdD

SRHEdD TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 25, 2012
    Viera, Florida, USA
    Steve
    That last photo is the key... completely separating the screen from the lens has distinct possibilities. How long until a mirrorless camera or DSLR offers THAT I wonder. I'd use the detachable touch screen on my new Sony A7000.

17. José De Bardi

Aug 31, 2013
    Dorset, UK
    José
    They'll never make detachable touchscreen cameras, just ones that stream realtime video/control to a phone app. I use my GoPro often this way as they already have this feature (because the camera has no screen). Would not be hard to do with the current A6000/A7's etc...

18. mrlrz

mrlrz TalkEmount Regular

Nov 13, 2013
    That's how current wifi cameras work

And about detachable screen, http://photorumors.com/2014/08/25/c...era-with-detachable-lcd-screenremote-control/

19. José De Bardi

Aug 31, 2013
    Dorset, UK
    José
  20. José De Bardi

Aug 31, 2013
    Dorset, UK
    José
    Just realised I have done it with my A6000! Problem is it uses power up. Good for tripod work though.