If there was a decent wireless flash/shutter controller for the nex 6 (up to 100 yards)

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by gio, Jul 21, 2013.

1. gio

gio TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 12, 2012
    Manchester, uk
    I would go over to the Nex system lock stock and two smoking barrels, I do a lot of radio stuff with the wildlife in my garden and this is a must,otherwise I would sell all my dslr stuff and get another nex body as a back up, I have searched to no avail, does anybody know of such a beast,that is reliable and easy to use .

2. Nex Tex

Nex Tex TalkEmount Regular

Jul 25, 2013
    Have you tried triggering the external flash from your DSLR system with the Nex internal flash? I noticed (unfortunately) that the wireless flash mode does not work with the internal flash, but that does not necessarily mean that you cannon use it to trigger the extern flash.

3. jp300

jp300 TalkEmount Rookie

May 29, 2013
    Long Island, NY
    John
    I have been using my old Cactus V2s reliably, but only indoors.

4. gio

gio TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 12, 2012
    Manchester, uk
    unfortunately ,the internal flash does not trigger my sony and minolta flashes, but I think the sony HVL 20 AM flash does the job with these flashes, I'll look into it, I can only get a max of 22 metres direct line of sight, with the wifi shutter trigger app on my mobile phone with the "smart remote control", and unusually for Sony, a free app on the sony playmemories site

5. Nex Tex

Nex Tex TalkEmount Regular

Jul 25, 2013
    Have you tried Pocket Wizard? They're expensive, but they should the trick. (I don't know whether they would work in TTL mode or only manual).