idiot's guide

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Hugg, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Hugg

Hugg TalkEmount Rookie

Aug 21, 2011
    Guys
    As I am a few quid short on the camera, I thought I might keep myself from going nuts by buying a book to get my head round the various concepts (aperture, ISO, lens length etc) - any recommendations. I know most of it is available on line but I'd quite like something I can read in the bath, on the tube etc :) 
    Any ideas welcome!
    Huggy

2. Tymoe

Tymoe TalkEmount Regular

Aug 24, 2011
  3. Hugg

Hugg TalkEmount Rookie

Aug 21, 2011
    Cheers - they both look interesting. I feel a bit nervous about buying such specific books; I guess there's a risk that the first half will just be the manual you get in the box! Will prob nip down to a bookshop and have a look.

4. olli

olli TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 16, 2011
    Washington DC
    olli
    I'm going to recommend Michael Freeman's <a href="http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Guide-Digital-Photography-Lark/dp/1600599214/?_encoding=UTF8&tag=seriocompa00-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325">The Complete Guide to Digital Photography</a>[​IMG]

5. theatrekat

theatrekat New to TalkEmount

Aug 21, 2011
    I've been reading the David Busch one and found it pretty accessible - not just a reproduction of the manual, but good accessible general advice with some specifics for the NEX as necessary.

Really helped as I'd been assured when I bought the camera that the firmware had been updated....and reading the manual highlighted that it hadn't and explained how to go about it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.