idiot's guide

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Hugg, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Hugg

Hugg TalkEmount Rookie

Aug 21, 2011
    As I am a few quid short on the camera, I thought I might keep myself from going nuts by buying a book to get my head round the various concepts (aperture, ISO, lens length etc) - any recommendations. I know most of it is available on line but I'd quite like something I can read in the bath, on the tube etc :)
    Any ideas welcome!
  2. Tymoe

Tymoe TalkEmount Regular

Aug 24, 2011
  3. Hugg

Hugg TalkEmount Rookie

Aug 21, 2011
    Cheers - they both look interesting. I feel a bit nervous about buying such specific books; I guess there's a risk that the first half will just be the manual you get in the box! Will prob nip down to a bookshop and have a look.
  4. olli

olli TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 16, 2011
    Washington DC
    I'm going to recommend Michael Freeman's <a href="">The Complete Guide to Digital Photography</a>[​IMG]
  5. theatrekat

theatrekat New to TalkEmount

Aug 21, 2011
    I've been reading the David Busch one and found it pretty accessible - not just a reproduction of the manual, but good accessible general advice with some specifics for the NEX as necessary.

Really helped as I'd been assured when I bought the camera that the firmware had been updated....and reading the manual highlighted that it hadn't and explained how to go about it.