Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Narenek, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Narenek

Narenek TalkEmount Regular

Oct 1, 2013
    Northampton England
    My girlfriend and I recently spent 3 nights in Iceland. I took my A7 and FE24-70 which I used for all shots bar the Northern Lights. These were taken with a £5 Miranda 24/2.8 from a charity shop.

Wandering around Reykjavic we stumbled on a nice beach area just as the sun was setting.

A lucky break in the weather saw us getting to see the Northern Lights.

Reykjavic seafront again..

Thingvellir National park, where the North American and European continental shelves meet (one of only 2 places on land you can see shelves meet).

Gullfos falls. It was so windy and cold here the water droplets froze by the time they got to you... it actually ended up icing up my lens after one particularly strong gust.

Geysir (where we get the word Geyser from) and some hot pools.

Considering we really only did things for 1 1/2 days we got some great shots and just scratched the surface of the place. I've seen it said a few times 'Don't spend money on lenses but use the money to go places and get the shots'. Iceland definitely confirmed that for me...
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
    • Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    Great landscapes, Narenek! I especially love your capture of the spouting geyser at Geysir. :p And way to get the most out of a £5 lens! Awesome!
  3. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    I see why it's called Iceland, LOL.

Good favorites were: #3 and the geyser
  4. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Great captures of some beautiful scenery.
  5. serhan

serhan TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 27, 2011
  6. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    What a great trip and photos.
  7. jeffmurray

jeffmurray TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 18, 2014
    Hobart, Australia
    Wow some amazing shots there. Beautiful.
  8. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Wow, an excellent set of photos!!! Amazing scenery - thanks for sharing ;)
  9. Narenek

Narenek TalkEmount Regular

Oct 1, 2013
    Northampton England
    Thanks for the comments. These are definitely the best photo's I've taken so far. I really want to go back there with more time and money.... maybe during the summer with a hire car and a map :)
  10. José De Bardi

José De Bardi Assistant in Virtue

Aug 31, 2013
    Dorset, UK
    I love Iceland. Went for a week packed full of activities 15 years ago, and I'm still trying to save up to go again!
    The thing that still stays with me, aside from the stunning scenery, is the wonderful people, all so welcoming and generous, even selfless.
    Fantastic captures bringing back fond memories, thanks :)
  11. markoneswift

markoneswift TalkEmount Veteran

Oct 17, 2012
    Awesome work, love them all. Makes me wonder how my APS-C NEX-C3 would compare with the Lens Turbo II and 28mm to take it to near full frame. I'll have to get down our South Island sometime - it looks like Iceland lol.

I miss those UK charity shops - 5 pounds for a lens is awesome. I got some serious bargains in those shops and Cash Converters before I moved all the way to NZ. It really is hard to find anything here, let alone decent lens bargains !
  12. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    That's some stunning stuff. Well done! :)
  13. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    on more landscape shot at front page
  14. Yves Gajardo

Yves Gajardo TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    Pittsburg, CA
    Fantastic images!! Another place to visit on my bucket list!
  15. tomO2013

tomO2013 TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 11, 2014
    Lovely shots - thanks for sharing :)
  16. DigitalD

DigitalD TalkEmount Veteran

Mar 2, 2014
    David K Fonseca
    Wow. Very nice stuff. We got some serious talent on this forum! Geyser image is very cool. Really nice composition on the landscapes. Love how you got the boat and the rocks in with the Northern Lights. Great stuff!