1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

I wish myself a happy new... gear!!! ;-)

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by Grisu_HDH, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Grisu_HDH

Grisu_HDH TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 16, 2012
    Southern Germany
    Markus
    Hi folks.
    Been a while since my last posts but work, baby and family business burns my whole free time... but family is always worth it!!!
    I will not post new images cause most of my pictures over the last 11 months shows out sweet daughter...
    But I have to post about my latest GAS syndrom...
    2 days ago I ran into a great set offer at my local photo dealer and i couldn't resist any more:
    + Sony Alpha @6000
    + SEL 16-70 Zeiss
    + Metz 44 AF

So the following gear will be sold within the next days here and on eBay:
    - Sony Next 5-T
    - SEL 18-55 Black
    - Sigma 60 DN Art
    - Sony HVL-F20S

Hopefully a good decision...!!??
    Was a tough choice to spent that amount of money for next step equipment...!

• Like Like x 5
  2. quezra

quezra TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Congrats! I have been holding off on GAS for nearly a year too but I fear that's about to come to an end very soon :-o

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

3. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    The A6000 and 16-70 is a great combination, and Metz flashes work great (although I'm not a huge fan of the touch screens they slap on some of them). I'm pretty sure you'll be happy with this combination. More buttons, a viewfinder, a high quality and compact zoom lens, and a nice flash - that's all you may ever need.

4. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    It's the simple things we do for ourselves.;)

5. Grisu_HDH

Dec 16, 2012
    Southern Germany
    Markus
    Well.. Simple in size, but not in numbers when it comes to cash...
    My wife will freak in kill me if the would know the price tag... =-O

The Zeiss was the logical consequence when updating cause it would only be half an upgrade with the old 18-55B on the @6000.
    And the flash was a real long think about cause the size is quite big compared to the body, but the small Sony flash doesn't make sense to me anymore...

• Like Like x 1
  6. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    I know that feeling. PLEASE don't ask how much.

7. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    I've used a Minolta 5600 flash on the NEX-6 and A7 and that is a big flash as well. Feels a bit weird in the beginning, but I soon got used to it. You did a great update, 70mm is so much more useful than 55mm IMHO, especially with family pics, and I guess you'll notice the image quality improvement even if you don't pixel-peep, the pics will be more sparkling.

8. Grisu_HDH

Dec 16, 2012
    Southern Germany
    Markus
    I really like the first pics I shot today.
    Having f4 all the way down to 70mm really is a nice thing...
    I have to admit I'm definetely no pixel peeper myself, so... guess my target to get to still is the Sigma 60mm which I will sell now having the Zeiss.

Isn't that easy to find a matching flash unit, cause usability and features always mean size in this case...
    And buying a new unit I wanted one eith the Sony multifunction shoe.
    First thought about the Nissin i40, but that one is just available with the old Sony shoe.

9. Poki

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    It's the opposite - the Nissin i40 is only available with the new Sony multi interface shoe. But even if you have an older camera, the i40 with adapter still should save size and weight over a comparable Metz or Sony flash.

10. Grisu_HDH

Dec 16, 2012
    Southern Germany
    Markus
    Really???
    Than I was told wrong by the dealer... :'(
    Liked the size of the Nissin more...

11. Poki

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Yeah, I'm absolutely sure about that.

Still, you definitely made no mistake with the Metz. You'll want more than one flash sooner or later anyway, and then the Nissin will be waiting for you.

12. MizOre

MizOre TalkEmount Regular

Jan 18, 2014
    Nicaragua
    I've got the Nissin i40 and it's great on the A6000. Nice small four AA battery flash with some accessories (diffuser and stand).

13. Grisu_HDH

Dec 16, 2012
    Southern Germany
    Markus
    Please don't tell me more..
    While trying to be happy with my bigger Metz flash...

14. LoFi

LoFi TalkEmount Regular

Nov 16, 2013
    Eliot
    read up on using the flash, of u don't already use it off camera and for fancy stuff... and you can get some WOW shots out of it of yer wife and the kiddo and then shell say "I'm glad you got that new stuff!" hehehe

15. Poki

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Oh, you can be happy with it. It's not just bigger, it's also more powerful than the Nissin (which has GN32). And it is a true workhorse. Just throw a Nissin in when your flash collection is growing. And trust me, it is going to grow. ;)

16. Grisu_HDH

Dec 16, 2012
    Southern Germany
    Markus
    I have to admit it...
    I did it...
    I went back to the dealer and get them to change the Metz 44 to the Nissin i40 after telling them that I was told wrong infomation about the @6000 compatibility.
    And so I'm now aith the i40, feeling that I made the right decision.
    In this case... size does matter...