• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

I was out of town when...

SRHEdD

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
...three lenses arrived!

First, the 50mm 1.8 is waiting on my desk at work.

Second, I was one of the lucky ones who snagged a Sigma 19 2.8 for $99 shipped from B&H. It is really nicely made. LOVE the finish, and the hood rocks... very solid.

Third, I got a black 18-55 for my NEX-6 because I dislike Power Zoom lenses (like the 16-50). The 18-55 focuses faster and, except for losing the 16mm end, is a much better fit for the camera. Made well also.

Just got in late last night, but having lenses waiting made the drive fly!

ErickSaint

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Erick
Nice score. I wish I would have known about that Sigma deal. I have a $50 gift card from when I bought my 5N from B&H. Would've been nice to grab that lens for $50.

nianys

TalkEmount All-Pro
It know it's silly since I've got an updated silver 18-55 (which I never use, BTW) but I'd love to have a black one. Of one those dumb longings... I di have a Sigma 30/2.8 and intend to list it any day now, I never shot it upon receiving, testing, and putting it back in its box.
Once you've tasted legacies, modern AF lenses (especially when then don't AF all that well...) seem totally void of any appeal...

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
Congrats on the acquisitions, SRHEdD!

Interesting comments about the 18-55 in comparison to the PZ16-50. I've got the 18-55 and I like it a lot - yeah they're cooler in black, mine's silver :-/

As soon as I saw Sony release a NEX PZ lens I immediately thought it could be a poor move on their part...

lowincash

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Kin
Congrats on the lenses :D

Did you update the firmware on the 18-55? I too like the 18-55 over the 16-50 and got the black one for my 6. I think it looks better on the camera as well :D Didn't like the 16-50 when I tried it out at the store, it was a bit too soft for my liking =/

Latest threads

Top Bottom