• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

'I Sure Wish Sony Could Make Some Pancakes Like These'

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
I very nearly bought the Samsung NX200 when I was choosing which mirrorless camera to buy. I really like the square-edged rangefinder look of that body especially with the dial at the corner. I actually like the button layout much better than my 5N.
samsung-nx200-compact-camera-ifa-6.jpg

I got the NEX-5N because I liked the metal look of the lenses better, that and the SEL16 lens (I think Samsung didn't have a 16mm at the time).

I have no regrets though! :)

quezra

TalkEmount All-Pro
The review of the 16/2.4 seems pretty similar to the E-mount 16/2.8 - soft edges, actually worse distortion... and of course the solution to the soft edges is to switch to f4-8 which is exactly the same thing you need to do with the 16/2.8. It costs a lot more though.

As for the 30/f2, guess we'll see the comparison with Sony's upcoming 35/1.8 soon. I'm really looking forward to this lens - if it has OSS as rumoured I can't see it being a pancake though

edit: There's actually a straight head-to-head review of the two 16mm lenses

Latest posts

Top Bottom