1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

I say "Hi there" from southern Sweden

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Michael Johansson, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Michael Johansson

Michael Johansson TalkEmount Regular

Dec 15, 2012
    Ystad, Sweden
    Michael Johansson
    My name is, as you might guess, Michael. I am a keen amateur photographer with a origin in the Minolta MF world. When AF started to become mainstream I quit photography for a couple of years. By the introduction of the Minolta Dimage I returned to photography, digital this time. Since then I have had one Minolta and two Sony SLRs and have just bought a NEX 7 with the 18-55mm lens to be used as a walkaround setup when I don´t want to carry the SLR (but the LA-EA2 is on its way in the mail). I found this forum the same day I bought the NEX-7 and I hope I will find inspiration and answers to all my dumb questions that is due to come.

By the way, any more swedes around here?

2. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Welcome Michael! :)

3. Deadbear77

Deadbear77 TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Sep 14, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Kevin
    Welcome!! As you will see a lot of us have been using minolta lenses on our nex gear. So you may be comfortable using your legacy glass right along with us.... I'm guessing you probably have quite the collection.

4. christilou

christilou TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 26, 2012
    Surrey, UK
    Christina
  5. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Hello Michael, welcome to the NEX and to the forum. :)

6. Michael Johansson

Dec 15, 2012
    Ystad, Sweden
    Michael Johansson
    Thank´s for your welcoming words.

Unfortunately I sold all of my MF gear that was left after our home was burglared and both my XM Motors together with a lot of lenses was stolen. I kind of lost interest after that. Many of those lenses like the 135/2,0 and the 200/2,8 as well as the 35mm shift and 85mm Soft Focus would have been useful now.

7. garethwi

garethwi TalkEmount Regular

Sep 2, 2011
    Netherlands
    Gareth
    Welcome

8. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Sorry to hear... oh well, you're just going to have to enjoy the hunt (like we do) of acquiring some of those legacies back. :)

9. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    Hi and welcome Michael

As Dioptrick mentioned, it's quite unfortunate regarding losing your gear. Like you I used to shoot film and quit for sometime, I just got back into it about 2 years ago and have been re-learning photography in it's digital form.

10. Michael Johansson

Dec 15, 2012
    Ystad, Sweden
    Michael Johansson
    Despite what Apple say iPhone is NOT a good camera. This is the best I could do to get a pic of my two cameras:

Attached Files:

11. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Nice!!! Is the other one an SLT one A99???

12. Michael Johansson

Dec 15, 2012
    Ystad, Sweden
    Michael Johansson
    No, its my beloved A900. As I´m not in for video it is the perfect FF camera I think.

I wanted to get a "selling" photograph of my two cameras. The big A900 with my smallest lens and the small camera NEX-7 with my biggest (black) lens Zeiss 24-70mm. Unfortunatel it is hard to photograph this with an iPhon as I can´t use flashes and the quality of the iPhone cam is very poor.