I must have a sickness of some sort...

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by AlwaysOnAuto, Sep 28, 2017.

1. AlwaysOnAuto

AlwaysOnAuto TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 17, 2015
    Wife and daughter took the granddaughter to dinner at sis-in-law's last night.
    While they were away I got on the Shop Goodwill site and bid on a camera/lens combo.

Opps, I won.

Already have the lens, Nikon Micro Nikkor 55 2.8, but this one came with a lens shade and what looks like a CPL filter. The camera doesn't look too bad either, a chrome Nikon FG, but since I don't shoot film, I'll try moving it on to someone who might use it.

Looking forward to getting the lens and being able to go out shooting with both the A7ii and Nex-7 with the same lens, at the same time. Just for comparisons sake.

• Like Like x 5
  2. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    Not a sickness, just a little GAS. :biggrin:

Sounds like fun. I keep meaning to take my A6000 and the A7ii out with equivalent lenses, just to compare. Somehow I never seem to get around to it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. AlwaysOnAuto

Feb 17, 2015
    Wow, got my latest acquisition from GW today. Fast shipping.
    I never will understand how someone can donate an almost like new lens and camera.
    This lens is newer than mine and looks as good if not better. Sweet.
    I also lucked out and it came with end caps and a hood. All like new. There's also two filters, UV and CPL.
    They must not have opened the zippered pocket on the case as it had a lens cleaning kit and lens cleaner in it, along with all the manuals for everything, camera, lens and flash.
    The case has cleaned up nicely and is a good heavy nylon denier with heavy duty handle and strap.
    The camera is in pretty nice shape too with a nice case that has an extra long snout to cover a longer lens.
    The worst thing I can find is some corrosion in the battery compartment of the flash, and it is only on the battery holder and should clean up nicely.
    I'm stoked and sure glad I took the plunge on this one.

• Like Like x 3
  4. AlwaysOnAuto

Feb 17, 2015
    Just wanted to share with you guys/gals as no one at my house can get excited about this stuff.
    DSC06318.JPG

• Wow Wow x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. AlwaysOnAuto

Feb 17, 2015
    DSC06320 (Large).JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    I think in most cases, the people who donate like that have no interest in photography themselves (perhaps inherited it) and either do not want to bother finding a buyer, or simply have no idea what they have and no desire to find out. It's like when people find an old painting by a master, or a valuable document, sitting in an attic maybe for an extended period of time - simply because no one realized what it was worth.

Nice for you. :thumbup:

7. WNG

WNG TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    Those look brand new!!
    Lucky!
    My copy isn't so nice and have been on the lookout for a replacement. It's a great lens for sure!
    Don't feel strange about it....I come across a lens I already own and like and still pick it up if it's a steal. I have doubles of some Mamiya/Sekors and Yashinons. And a few OM Zuikos...and Hexanon AR's..... :D

8. JonathanF2

JonathanF2 TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 16, 2014
    Los Angeles, USA
    I owned the older version of that 55mm, nice score!

9. AlwaysOnAuto

Feb 17, 2015
    So I tried out the lens this morning.
    What do you think?
    DSC01268-1 (Large).
    I think it works as well as my other one does.

• Like Like x 6
  10. WNG

WNG TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    Very nice Porsche composition. Lens passes the mustard.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. AlwaysOnAuto

Feb 17, 2015
    So here's a shot that shows some DOF.

DSC01306-1 (Large).
    I really am a hardware junkie at heart.

• Like Like x 5