• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

I might actually use the little flash after this mod-

madmaxmedia

TalkEmount Regular
With a business card and some tin foil you can turn this:

---            

...into this:

---            

I might actually use the little flash after this mod. Info and credit goes to the original poster in this DPReview thread:
Bounce flash mod for NEX5-N kit flash [Page 1]: Sony NEX Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

JimR

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Jim
Interesting. I haven't even put the flash on my C3 yet. Just figured it's not worth the effort.

dbmiller

TalkEmount All-Pro
My first attempt at this

With a business card and some tin foil you can turn this:

View attachment 844

...into this:

View attachment 845

I might actually use the little flash after this mod. Info and credit goes to the original poster in this DPReview thread:
Bounce flash mod for NEX5-N kit flash [Page 1]: Sony NEX Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
I had seen that too. My first attempt at it came out like this...

DIY Sony NEX 5n Flash Bounce Reflector - a set on Flickr

I'm still working on a V2 - Haven't had any spare time. But it needs to be taller since I was getting blow-back in my face when I hold the camera low. I also bought some foil tape, which was easier to work with than lining it with aluminum foil, albeit more expensive. I did work out a way to make it collapsible - Doubled the bottom, folded it back under itself, glued the front and rear edges leaving a gap to put the tabs in.

Top Bottom