1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

I just got vintage tripod!

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by bmg123, May 13, 2013.

1. bmg123

bmg123 TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 15, 2013
    England, UK
    I received this old tripod this weekend and I was just interested to see if anyone knew anything about it. I had a quick google under the name but only modern stuff really came up, here's a few images:

DSC06504_zps7fe2f054.

Fully extended

DSC06503_zpsf0cdb3ae.

And fully compact!

It's a Bilora 'Perfect' No.77 if you can't see from the photo. No idea about it besides it's German and possibly from around the 1950s, but that might be completely wrong.

2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Interesting. I've seen the odd Bilora ballhead show up on ebay now and again, but never a tripod. How heavy is it?

3. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    looks very compact, ideal for nex 7

4. Tabibito

Tabibito TalkEmount Regular

Apr 1, 2013
    That looks extremely small when folded.

5. bmg123

bmg123 TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 15, 2013
    England, UK
    Just weighed it and it came in at approx. 550g, it feels weighty in one hand, but not heavy if that makes sense.

It's really cool but one drawback is that putting it down again is a bit slow because each section has a little button which you need to press in to make it compact.

6. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Wow, that is light. I hear what you're saying about breakdown, but just moving from spot to spot you could just throw it over your shoulder and never really even feel it.

7. GaryR60

GaryR60 TalkEmount Regular

May 12, 2013
    Seattle
    Why would you want a light tripod? The heavier it is, the more stable it is, and that's the only thing that really matters.