• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

I found one!

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
Several weeks ago I posted up some shots under a bridge titled "In search of trolls". I just got back from a week in Seattle for the birth of my grandson and I found one! Well, both- grandson and a troll. ;)

This is the famous Fremont Troll, who lurks under the Aurora Street bridge in the Fremont district. Quite famous, difficult to find with GPS unless you know the exact address, but worth the effort.

NEX-5N/kit zoom. Granddaughter for scale. Like the VW Beetle wasn't clue enough. :cool:

NEX-5N    E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS    22mm    f/8.0    1/60s    ISO 3200

Between the weather and the hectic pace of a new grandson I didn't get many pictures taken. I did get some at the aquarium that I'll process and post later though.

applemint

TalkEmount Veteran
Hah, I didn't even notice the Vdub until you mentioned it! Nice find :)
Me neither. :) I think the addition of your granddaughter, as well as adding scale also adds a nice splash of colour amongst the greys and browns. The Troll is a very cool piece of public art as well.

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It is a pretty cool piece of art. They dress him up for the different holidays & stuff. He stays remarkably grafitti free too. Not sure if they just don't tag him much or if there's a concerted effort to keep him clean.

The troll was an effort to rid the area of drug dealers and apparently it worked. :)

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
Haha, she wanted nothing to do with it at first. I had to walk up and put my hand on it before she'd get anywhere near it. :)

But she got over it.

NEX-5N    E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS    55mm    f/5.6    1/100s    ISO 1250

storyteller

TalkEmount Veteran
Haha, she wanted nothing to do with it at first. I had to walk up and put my hand on it before she'd get anywhere near it. :)

But she got over it.

NEX-5N    E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS    55mm    f/5.6    1/100s    ISO 1250
I really like this as a follow up to the first pic. Imagine at her size how much more scary that troll must be.

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
I really like this as a follow up to the first pic. Imagine at her size how much more scary that troll must be.
Yeah, I think it works pretty well. Fortunately for her, Grandpa has matured over the years and resisted the urge to yell "BOO!" or something stupid. ;)

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
Very cool.
It really is. I've seen pics of it over the years but never had the time to track it down and shoot it until this trip. Now I need to go back and do it right. Something at night, with a flashlight or something. :)

Top Bottom