Huffs review of A7s is up

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount News and Rumors' started by Deadbear77, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Deadbear77

Deadbear77 TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Sep 14, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Kevin
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    I couldn't really tell if he liked it :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Deadbear77

Deadbear77 TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Sep 14, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Kevin
    Pretty much says it's the best camera ever.... For his style of work.
    They only thing that keeps me away is the low megapixel count. I'm not that good of a photographer and sometimes I need to crop. If it was at least 18 I would have done it for sure. Now I'm just debating

4. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    He seems to state that about every new and exciting camera to maximize his affiliate profits. If I learned something from reading his blog for years, it's that I can't trust what he writes.

Also, TCS TV thinks different - they say it's a great camera, but better suited to videographers than photographers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZxSzdOACJ8

• Like Like x 3
  5. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    Translation: Okay so some of you may have figured out this whole GAS business and don't need another camera. But let me tell you why you really definitely do need this one. This one goes to 11. No, seriously, this one goes to 11!

Translation: So you didn't buy that "goes to 11" bit? Did I tell you that this is the bestest camera I've ever tried? Beats the living smack out of this camera I spent $7,000 on not so long ago. Can't believe I spent $7,000 on that POS when there are cameras around with this much awesomeness.

:biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  6. serhan

serhan TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
    Here is Brian Smith's review with photos from Brazil, as Sony is one of the sponsors:
    http://briansmith.com/sony-a7s-field-test/

He says it is a good combo with A7R. He has some shots with A7r in A7s review... It looks like in part 4 he ends the review with bar/concert shooting to show the low light advantage of A7S w/ -4EVF af.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jefenator

Jefenator TalkEmount Top Veteran

Nov 23, 2012
    Oregon, USA
    Jeff
    I think it was Brian Smith who made the point about this body series being like the old days, using different kinds of film.

(It's only been about half a year and I think I've already popped enough frames on the A7 to exceed what I paid if I'd shot & processed color film instead.)

As with color film, it's a good idea to get out and utilize your investment before it goes stale. ;)

8. zapatista

zapatista TalkEmount Rookie

Sep 4, 2012
    Denver, CO (USA)
    Mike
    Mr. Sabet, this seems like you're bashing a very earnest and honest man. Please refrain from this type of response to a person just trying to make a living taking selfies or pictures of genuine backyard stucco (GENUINE!!). Of course, if the person you're disparaging has a last name ending in Rockwell then no rules apply.

9. ilovehatephotography

ilovehatephotography TalkEmount Regular

May 30, 2014
    Los Angeles, CA
    Ed
    Steve Huff is pretty much like an American auto journalist, he likes just about everything, even a 1991 Buick Regal. ;)

10. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    I mean it in good fun, honest. I enjoy Steve's site :flowers_2:.

11. zapatista

zapatista TalkEmount Rookie

Sep 4, 2012
    Denver, CO (USA)
    Mike
    Well, at least Mr. Huff doesn't seem to take himself too seriously. :p