1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hss trigger for Monoblock light?

Discussion in 'Lighting Forum' started by adwb, Jul 9, 2016.

1. adwb

adwb TalkEmount Regular

Sep 30, 2015
    Bristol UK
    Alistair
    Hi is there such a thing as a HSS trigger that will work with a bowens mono light?
    or do I need to buy a specific light that will allow this? I'm looking for a battery pack solution for hss, I have a battery pack which takes the lights mains plug so the light does not need to have its own power supply .

2. storyteller

storyteller TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 25, 2011
    My understanding is that you need a specific light for HSS. There are similar shutter speed work arounds like hyper sync that work with moonlights that have a longer duration but I'm unfamiliar with the system generally. If you're looking for new lights I've had a lot of success with the Godox system which uses the same HSS triggers for everything from speed lights to mono blocks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. adwb

adwb TalkEmount Regular

Sep 30, 2015
    Bristol UK
    Alistair
    ok I have got this working.
    1 x 600 battery pack monoblock light sold under various names. Jinbae, Adorama's own brand, godox ,ect, plus 1 z godox x1 transmitter

Set the godox transmitter to out put through it's hot shoe and fit the the lights remote.
    Set the camera to any flash mode EXCEPT wireless then the godox triggers at shutter speeds in excess of 1/250
    Fit the lights own transmitter in the Godox hotshoe and the light will either hyper sync at full power
    or
    of the light has the facility for HSS then at variable power settings.

• Informative Informative x 2