• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

HOYA hmc UV(c)

Ray Vardy

TalkEmount Regular
So I was messing around today and caught this light reflection, Thai take of the filter/protector and it disappears... Noooo so there is a price to pay for everything, something else to consider when framing my shot?!

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/ray_vardy/7389272016/" title="DSC00857 by Ray_Vardy, on Flickr">
7389272016_90515e8e7f.jpg
   ---            
"500" height="281" alt="DSC00857"></a>

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
So I was messing around today and caught this light reflection, Thai take of the filter/protector and it disappears... Noooo so there is a price to pay for everything, something else to consider when framing my shot?!

Although that Hoya filter is multi-coated (excellent and expensive), glare can still appear when shooting towards the light. Glare could also appear if direct light strikes the filter (or the lens front element for that matter) from the side. A lens hood should help.

If you are shooting in humid climates (or in and out or air-conditioned spaces) a slight mist can form on the outer surface of the filter - or worse the inside surface. Sometimes you don't need to wipe it off, just gently blow on it to make it disappear. Same is true even without a filter on.

If you shoot into the light a lot, there's nothing better than shooting 'bare' (no filter) - the risk of course is the front lens element has no protection.

Poki

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
I use some relatively cheap Hoya Skilight HMC filters. Can't say anything bad about them. The multi coating works well, and with a lens hood I never got any reflections.

CWL

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Chee
Lens hoods are specific to the lens and should have been included with your 18-55mm lens.

Latest threads

Top Bottom