Howdy from Houston!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Brandon DuBois, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Brandon DuBois

Brandon DuBois TalkEmount Regular

Mar 31, 2013
    Hey there - I'm new to the NEX cameras as of last night so I figure this will be a good place for me to browse and participate. I was shopping around my local Best Buy and they had an open box NEX-6 (looked brand new and had all accessories), the manager right off the bat offered 30% off the price on the camera and needless to say $560 later I walked out the proud owner of an NEX-6 with PZ 16-50 lens.

I like doing HDR so there will be a form of learning curve to figure the best way with the NEX-6 but I'm excited to be a NEX owner.

Here are two of my prouder moments (from a trip to Australia a couple years ago)

2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Welcome to the forum. That's some great stuff! You'll have to do a tutorial of your HDR workflow for us slow learners. ;)
  3. Welcome Brandon! Nice pictures although to my personal opinion a little to much HDR.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-N8010 met Tapatalk
  4. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Ad Dieleman
    Hi and welcome. That's an awfully good deal you got on the NEX-6! Thanks for sharing your pics. I'd like to see them one time with less HDR processing. Never done HDR myself, simply don't like it.
  5. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    Hi and welcome

Those are excellent shots!
  6. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    Welcome, and congrats on that killer deal!
  7. Fiddler

Fiddler TalkEmount Regular

Mar 8, 2012
    Welcome to the forum, Brandon!
  8. JTM_CR

JTM_CR TalkEmount Regular

Aug 23, 2012
    can you take some creative pictures of the dealy plaza area? ... I am obsessed with the whole history of JFK
  9. Brandon DuBois

Brandon DuBois TalkEmount Regular

Mar 31, 2013
    @JTM - that is up in Dallas - about 4 hours north of where I am. I use to live in the Dallas area but never made it over there. Who knows maybe I'll go visit one day!