1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

How you do that ?

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by page, Oct 17, 2013.

1. page

page TalkEmount Rookie

Sep 28, 2013
    Trying to find a thread about it but there ain't .

How you guys make your photo with texture.
    Such these two example that i fished from internet .
    The one have a lot of texture and it's yellowish with dull colours and shadowy and cold that makes a feeling of old but at the same time it's crisp and it's like that if lay your hand, you can touch the old man . He is the subject ( i know )
    Looks like HDR tho but it very, very light applied !

[​IMG]

And the other one, it's like the camera shaked when the shutter pressed but Wow it's enough crisp but this yellowish and black together and warm that make's it old colour picture .

[​IMG]

I can understand that lenses make the Stage presence, if I may say so, but here it's image processing, right ? How ?

Or like Colin's Pictures these ... Oh Colin, kowtow in front of your pictures !
    https://www.talkemount.com/showthread.php?t=3023

Thanks
    Geo.

2. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Add clarity, decrease saturation, add contrast and add a little sepia toning I'd say. Although it looks like there were some kind of preset or specialized color processing program involved, you should be able to getpretty close in your standard RAW-converter.

• Like Like x 2
  3. jai

jai TalkEmount Top Veteran

Feb 4, 2013
    Yep, I'd agree, that probably is one of those Instagram for adults presets on Lightroom.

There is a pretty heavy vignette on there too, which along with the warmer colours is a sign it's a preset trying to imitate a "vintage" camera

4. Velokoraptus

Velokoraptus New to TalkEmount

Dec 7, 2012
    Hi, check this video:

„Match tone and colour in Photoshop“: http://youtu.be/WHvfVc_8eMc

5. christian

christian TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 12, 2014
    Boston MA
    If you don't have lightroom or photoshop, you can use Picasa. You can do that. Either with cursors or with filters.

6. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    I would agree with others. It is likely a LR preset or a filter from any number of programs. You can achieve this manually with a lot of adjustments, but it would require more time and skill.