1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

How would you setup a couple of umbrellas for this particular setup ?

Discussion in 'Lighting Forum' started by shaolin95, Feb 22, 2016.

1. shaolin95

shaolin95 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jul 3, 2013
    Hello!

I will be helping out at a special event for the company I work for. This is the setup they are providing me. The lights on top will likely be on so I am wondering how would you set up a couple of flash and umbrellas (I dont even know yet exactly what I will be getting!) so that I get nice images from the subjects while showing the background image as well.

Aside from the added pressure of using a camera I have never played with (Canon 70D and I am a sony mirrorless shooter), I will have to figure how to get the flashes trigger etc and not much time to get ready before the event.

I was thinking the usual one high from the left angle and then the right one lower pointing up or a reflector for example. I will bring with me my 48" brollybox and big reflector just in case. Plus my own camera too..you never know lol But they REALLY want me to use theirs so any recommendation is welcome.

Thanks! room.

2. soeren

soeren TalkEmount Top Veteran

Dec 12, 2014
    Næstved, Denmark
    Soeren
    Groups or single subject. Males, females?

3. shaolin95

shaolin95 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jul 3, 2013
    Honestly not sure but likely single or just a few people at a time not big groups.

4. soeren

Dec 12, 2014
    Næstved, Denmark
    Soeren
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  5. storyteller

storyteller TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 25, 2011
    I agree with Soeren's suggestion. Important to light the backdrop and push your power to where you can kill the ambient. I don't think you'll want those fluorescents showing up in he shot.

Sent from my iPad using TalkEmount mobile app

6. soeren

Dec 12, 2014
    Næstved, Denmark
    Soeren
    How did that shoot work out? Pics?

7. storyteller

storyteller TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 25, 2011
    Ha! I just realized how old this post was. How did it turn out?

Sent from my iPad using TalkEmount mobile app