1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

How to turn off the AF assist light on the A7?

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by addieleman, Nov 28, 2013.

1. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    On my NEX-6 I have set the AF illuminator to off, otherwise AF performance sucks in low-light. On the A7 I also get the large green box when the AF illuminator lights up, so I want to turn it off. Searched the menus but no such option found.

Anyone know how to turn the A7's AF assist light off?

2. quezra

quezra TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    AF illuminator option is listed on p. 36 of the manual as selectable from the menu but since I don't have my A7 yet I can't tell you which tab it is under specifically :p

• Like Like x 1
  3. addieleman

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Thanks, finally found a manual that says that on p. 36 :). Don't have the camera at hand now, will try this evening.

4. quezra

quezra TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Oops sorry, I guess it was the manual listed by SAR some time back. Thought there was only one (English) version floating round!

5. addieleman

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    If anyone needs to feel sorry, it's Sony not you :biggrin:. I've found a lot of concise, multi-language manuals on the Sony support site before I saw a link to a real manual on Steve Huff's site (IIRC).

6. addieleman

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Found it, Camera Settings -> tab 3 -> Option 3 "AF Illuminator". Don't know why I didn't see it before, been there for sure. :confused:

• Like Like x 1