How heavy flash on the hotshoe

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by alaios, Jan 31, 2014.

1. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    Hi there,
    I wonder how robust a smart terminal to hotshoe adapter is and how heavy flash it can support? I wonder if I can mount a speedlight sb900 :p  that would be fun !!

Alex

2. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    Nexes are pretty difficult to use with a heavy flash. I think that mine are something like 450 g with batteries. I am thinking about flash holder for a L bracket.

3. José De Bardi

José De Bardi Assistant in Virtue Subscribing Member

Aug 31, 2013
    Dorset, UK
    José
    I have an SB-700 and its OK, most of the reviews I read suggested the SB-900 would be too big for the smart terminal with hotshoe adaptor.

4. alaios

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    Sb-700? Nice one btw!! How long do you use it on the smart terminal adapter? Have you noticed if the smart terminal being a bit harmed or not?

Alex

5. José De Bardi

José De Bardi Assistant in Virtue Subscribing Member

Aug 31, 2013
    Dorset, UK
    José
    The most I have used it is 2 hours - no damage, I just make sure I do the screw up nice and tight so there is no play/wobble in the adaptor. Its a nice combo with my NEX.
    The only issue I had was the hot shoe adaptor I have does not tell the NEX that a flash is attached, so the live view screen is very dark... I have ordered and am waiting for this hot shoe adaptor which solves the issue... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330968512289

• Like Like x 1
  6. alaios

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    Cool. thanks a lot for the answer. Let me know if that helped you with the problem you mentioned. I will try to see if I can afford the sb-700 but I still find it a bit expensive

Alex

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.