1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

How do i know what lenes will fit this DSLR? (and some other q's)?

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Lenses' started by ILL24, Jun 6, 2014.

1. ILL24

ILL24 New to TalkEmount

Jun 6, 2014
    i've been thinking of getting a DSLR Sony A390

how do i know what lenses will fit the camera, would i have to stick with Sony lenses or could i find other compatable lenses? and how would i know if they would fit?

how do i know with filters to get, what should i look for if i have a 18-55mm lens (which comes with the camera)?

would you reccomend anything to get with it, like screen protectors, cleaning equipment, or what kind of case to get for it?
    [​IMG]

2. José De Bardi

José De Bardi Assistant in Virtue

Aug 31, 2013
    Dorset, UK
    José
  3. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    First, this is an E-Mount camera forum, so get the A3000, not the A390.

Second, don't get any filters.

Third, you don't need any additional accessories at the beginning. Although a microfiber cloth for cleaning the lens might be a good idea.

Last, all lenses with E-Mount will fit on the A3000, and all lenses with A-Mount will fit on the A390 - or the A3000 with the LA-EA2 adapter for that matter. On E-Mount cameras, you can adapt pretty much any lens, but you won't have stabilization or autofocus. On A-Mount, you can only use A-Mount lenses.

4. Simsy

Simsy TalkEmount Regular

Dec 23, 2012
    first of the A390 is a very old model unless its real cheap maybe you could look for something a bit newer. Anyway to your questions you want to look for A-mount lenses to fit that camera, as for filters each lens is marked with a thread size for filters. Try looking up A-mount lenses on ebay that should bring up a good selection from brands like Sony, Tameron, Sigma and a few others.

I am guessing you have little experience with DSLR's so I would sujest that you stick with the basics to start with don't worry about filters and the like to start with.