How do i know what lenes will fit this DSLR? (and some other q's)?

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Lenses' started by ILL24, Jun 6, 2014.

1. ILL24

ILL24 New to TalkEmount

Jun 6, 2014
    i've been thinking of getting a DSLR Sony A390

how do i know what lenses will fit the camera, would i have to stick with Sony lenses or could i find other compatable lenses? and how would i know if they would fit?

how do i know with filters to get, what should i look for if i have a 18-55mm lens (which comes with the camera)?

would you reccomend anything to get with it, like screen protectors, cleaning equipment, or what kind of case to get for it?
  2. José De Bardi

José De Bardi Assistant in Virtue

Aug 31, 2013
    Dorset, UK
  3. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    First, this is an E-Mount camera forum, so get the A3000, not the A390.

Second, don't get any filters.

Third, you don't need any additional accessories at the beginning. Although a microfiber cloth for cleaning the lens might be a good idea.

Last, all lenses with E-Mount will fit on the A3000, and all lenses with A-Mount will fit on the A390 - or the A3000 with the LA-EA2 adapter for that matter. On E-Mount cameras, you can adapt pretty much any lens, but you won't have stabilization or autofocus. On A-Mount, you can only use A-Mount lenses.
  4. Simsy

Simsy TalkEmount Regular

Dec 23, 2012
    first of the A390 is a very old model unless its real cheap maybe you could look for something a bit newer. Anyway to your questions you want to look for A-mount lenses to fit that camera, as for filters each lens is marked with a thread size for filters. Try looking up A-mount lenses on ebay that should bring up a good selection from brands like Sony, Tameron, Sigma and a few others.

I am guessing you have little experience with DSLR's so I would sujest that you stick with the basics to start with don't worry about filters and the like to start with.