• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

How did I get volunteered for the job?!

teefin1

TalkEmount Top Veteran
I went along to my usual Friday morning playgroup today with the littleys. I decided to take my camera for the first time. Mistake number 1.

The playgroup leader asked if I would take a picture of every child for the Xmas calendar , because i had a camera. How could I say no? Mistake number 2.

So now i'm under pressure to provide decent photos, not being a photographer, and only recently having encountered manual lenses. Oops.

Here are a few from today all taken with the Minolta 50/1.7, and as requested, mostly in B&W. Not traditional portraits, just an attempt to capture shots of [lots of] small children at play!

View attachment 2088
   ---            

---            
   ---            

---            

Attachments

nianys

TalkEmount All-Pro
Considering your shots are stunningly awesome, you can expect to be asked again !

quezra

TalkEmount All-Pro
Beautiful shots, did they ask you to quit the dayjob yet? :D

freddytto

TalkEmount All-Pro
I went along to my usual Friday morning playgroup today with the littleys. I decided to take my camera for the first time. Mistake number 1.

The playgroup leader asked if I would take a picture of every child for the Xmas calendar , because i had a camera. How could I say no? Mistake number 2.
I love these portraits are very good, I thought you did not know about this, but seeing the results are excellents, the last photos are my favorite, very sweet, very sharp eyes, very well.

davect01

Super Moderator
Real Name
Dave
The very reason I don't pursue a career as a photographer is I like to take the pictures I like, not necessarily the ones people want me to take.

There is a lot of pressure to get perfect pictures when you are the wedding/event photographer.

The images you posted look respectable and they should be pleased.

teefin1

TalkEmount Top Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ha ha, thank you all for such kind words and for being so funny. I don't have a day job, so no pressure there, and you're right Changsha, I'm not doing too badly, though nobody would ever suggest I take it up professionally Dave, I definitely get it wrong enough in that respect. :p Having never experienced it before, the worry over what others may like vs what I like gives pause.

Latest posts

Top Bottom