Horses, Reds & Yellows, Blue Sky, White Clouds

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by roundball, Nov 2, 2014.

1. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    Out driving today and came up on this colorful scene, slammed on the brakes and made a grab shot.
    Canon FDn 24-35/3.5-L, NEX-7, ISO100, Daylight WB, Center metering, Vivid, AP mode, F22, 1/60

• Like Like x 7
  2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Lovely color and subject.

Would be intetested in a cropped down version.
  3. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    I experimented with cropping as much as the image would allow and still be a reasonable image.
    I wasn't trying to make a "horse shot"'s was the overall "scene" that caught my attention driving by...a big range of good fall colors...alternating green, yellow, green, red, green, with some white tree trunks, blue sky, white clouds, etc...all of which just happened to have a couple horses in it;

I had almost no foreground to begin with as I had to hold up / over to clear a car, a picnic table, and an electric fence;
    And I didn't want to give up any more of the blue sky & clouds that I'd already cropped down on;

The only thing left to consider cropping (some more) were green trees left & right but it didn't improve or enlarge the image.
    So what I ended up with was the best composition I could manage and still be any kind of a keeper at all. (in my eyes)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Definitely a keeper.
    • Like Like x 1