Horror Story, Happy Ending

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by ilovenex, Apr 13, 2013.

1. ilovenex

ilovenex TalkEmount Regular

Feb 14, 2013
    Well I finally decided to purchase the NEX6 after much thought and driving my wife crazy!

I got a text from a sales associate that their particular location was closing and there was a huge sale, the NEX6 was going for $718.00 with a lens, it was too much of a crazy deal to pass up so I asked him to put one on hold, he text me to confirm it was and I left work early and my wife had to drive an hour to this location. We get there and speak to a sales associate who was aware that there was a camera on hold, she started off the conversation saying well there's the NEX5R which you might be interested more in. I found this odd and my paranoia kicked in and I knew something was wrong, after a few minutes in the back room the sales associate emerges only to tell us that there is no camera on hold. She said it was shipped out but the computer said there is one in stock so I asked her then how she knew it was shipped out and she had no answer. After speaking with the manager and showing him the text messages from his employee he really didn't seem to care much that we drove an hour out of our area in the rain on a Friday night after leaving work early to make it before closing. He went into the back to speak to the guy who text me and when he returned he said there was no camera there and it was computer error and that the guy never actually seen the camera himself. After speaking with the sales guy who text me he confirmed he did put it on hold and someone sold it. After finishing the conversation with him the lady sales associate came out to inform us that the camera was in the store at some point today but is now missing.

After hearing three stories from three people in one store with neither willing to compensate I was quite frustrated. The best they said they could do was ship in a demo from another store or if I wanted a new one from another store then I would have to pay the full price and wait for them to get it.

After spending 2 hours in the store we finally left. and I went to the London Drugs nearby and was able to price match the body and lens to $819.00 plus taxes so settled for that as I haven't seen it cheaper than that with lens. Still disappointed about the Sony experience, I was so furiuos at the store that I was almost going to get myself the Fuji XE1!!!! Glad I went with Sony though and didn't come home empty handed after all that! The evening trip for the camera took about 4 hours so hope the camera lives up to it's hype. Looking forward to getting out and snapping some photos.....if only the west coast rain would stop.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
  2. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    The "Sony experience"? Does that mean the bad experience was in a Sony style store? Strange ... Usually they're exceptionally friendly at the official Sony retail stores.

Glad you got it though, although you paid 100 more than expected - it's worth it.
  3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Strange story, but glad it worked out in the end.
  4. ilovenex

Feb 14, 2013
    Ya it was a sony store that was shutting down. None of the employees were friendly even the manager. Ya bad experience at sony store. So I went bought it at London drugs.

5. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    wow surprised too, I have been fortunate to meet very nice people in the sony here in NY, sales agents are excellent, I'm glad that now you have a nex, congratulations
  6. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 TalkEmount Regular

Mar 23, 2013
    I'd write the Sony Store HQ about this...unacceptable!!

However...glad LD treated you well...enjoy your new camera! :)
  7. ilovenex

Feb 14, 2013
    Ya some sales guy at different sony store told me same thing to call HQ