• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

highwire act

davect01

Super Moderator
Real Name
Dave
Caught this little guy hanging on the wire.

DSC00019%252Bw.jpg

DSC00032%252Bw.jpg

DSC00044%252Bw.jpg

Not as clear as I would have liked, but shot from really far away handheld.

Phoenix

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Phoenix Gonzales
Still pretty clear considering that it's hand held. I find using the the anti motion blur really helpful when I'm shooting a long telephoto hand held. I also find using the continuous advance equally helpful (provided I'm using a fast shutter speed), I shoot a fair few shots and use the clear ones.

P.S. Cute Peregrine (I think) btw :)

storyteller

TalkEmount Veteran
I think your focus is also a little off as on the first image the cable and the feet seem more in focus then the rest of the bird. Was this AF or MF? Did you use peaking or magnification? (the questions are just because I'm curious about how people shoot MF on the NEX)

davect01

Super Moderator
Real Name
Dave
manual all the way

Ya these were all manual shots with a Vivitar 500mm. Thought they were a bit clearer on the camera's screen.

Oh well this is what you get for using the wrong tool for the job. This lens is only good when on a tripod, then it is spot on.

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
I have never been able to hand hold my 500 mirror. Half the time it's not in focus on a tripod either. That is a handsome bird though.

jfazer

TalkEmount Regular
As storyteller said, I think your focus is a little off... Besides, if you are shooting with a 500, you must do it at least using 1/1000 velocity (double of the focal you are using...) to avoid vibrations...

Latest posts

Top Bottom