Hi From Sydney and Rural Australia

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Deebs, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Deebs

Deebs TalkEmount Rookie

Sep 14, 2015
    My name is David, and I work in Sydney and live partly there and partly in a country town near wilderness an hour or so away.

You can see some of my recent stuff at http://adobe.ly/1xnKDQm

I began photography as an Olympus film user (OM 1. 2sp, and 4); and spent a decade very keen indeed. Various moving meant that I had no darkroom, so I faded for a bit until the mid 2000s when digital started to be a goer.

Then I went canon, and used various APSC Canons before going FF with the 5DII and III

But after a while I saw that my best pictures, imagery wise, were taken with compacts that I took with me in the wilderness or travelling. So I thought I should try something smaller that I would take.

This led to a few years of M43 use (Pana GX1 GH2 Oly 5). Yes I carried it, yes it was good, but I did pine after FF.

A couple of years ago I got an A7r, and haven't looked back. Compact and great. Some of the lenses aren't compact (though they are lovely)O but that's OK. They are the ones that stay at home. Haven't looked back, and just went A7rII (and today was my first day with the 35 1.4!)
    • Like Like x 5
  2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Congrats on the purchase and welcome to our forum :)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    Welcome from another David! I followed a similar route, starting with an OM-2 as my first "real" camera back in the day.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    Welcome, David! I still use my OM cameras :).
    • Like Like x 1
  5. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Welcome from a fellow David.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. LoFi

LoFi TalkEmount Regular

Nov 16, 2013
    wow some great shots you got there! welcome aboard!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. southy

southy TalkEmount Veteran

Feb 5, 2014
    Always good to see another Ozzie on board. :2thumbs:
    • Like Like x 1