1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hi from Northern Virginia

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Novaron, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Novaron

Novaron New to TalkEmount

Sep 5, 2011
    I do not have immediate plans to acquire a NEX camera but it certainly is intriguing to consider. I presently am primarily shooting Micro 43 although with some compacts as well and I used to shoot Canon Digital (and before that Canon and Contax film cameras). I really appreciate the compactness of the Micro 43 cameras with lens and while the sensor size for the NEX may preclude equally compact AF compact lenses for some use (low-light night club for example) the NEX's low-light capabilities has my attention and so I will consider adding to my digital tools.

2. olli

olli TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 16, 2011
    Washington DC
    olli
    Hello and welcome Novaron.

3. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    Welcome Novaron

4. bosker

bosker TalkEmount Rookie

Welcome Novaron, I am also from Northern Virginia and recently acquired a NEX-5N. I also have been primarily shooting with micro 4/3rds using an Olympus Pen E-pl1 and a Nikon D90 before that (still have the D90, though and not sure if I should sell or keep). I moved to the Pen to have something a lot smaller and lighter to carry around. After having the NEX-5N for a couple of weeks I can state its been a real joy to use. Even smaller then the PEN, yet easier to shoot with manual lenses (IMO).