1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hi from New Zealand

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by sizzlingbadger, Jan 7, 2015.

1. sizzlingbadger

sizzlingbadger New to TalkEmount

Jan 7, 2015
    New Zealand
    Nik
    Hi,

just joined up today, not even been lurking as I only found this site this morning :D

Long story short... been an avid photographer for some years (not professional but some paid work and sold some private prints from exhibitions), was Nikon shooter D700/D800 etc, went to Fuji X system a year ago but got fed up with X-Trans issues so sold the lot this week and bought a Sony A7II, 24-70mm f4 & 55mm f 1.8 (saving for the 16-35mm)

My only complaint so far is th user manual seems very sparse :p

Cheers Nik

• Like Like x 2
  2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Welcome, glad to have you.

There are quite a few youtube videos to help you learn your new camera.

3. ztryfe

ztryfe TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 19, 2014
    Mexico
    Vic
    And with an A7II to boot, nice!

Welcome around, I am constantly astonished at how good of a community is here, I'm sure you'll find folks that will get you going, and folks to help get going (I would be on the later, most of the time)

No legacy glass? I keep thinking on that IBIS to leverage even more from some of the excellent legacy lens.

4. sizzlingbadger

sizzlingbadger New to TalkEmount

Jan 7, 2015
    New Zealand
    Nik
    I don't own any legacy glass but I'm considering collecting some in the future.

5. riskinstrument

riskinstrument TalkEmount Regular

Nov 20, 2014
    Dallas, Texas.
    Garyfong.com has several videos about Sony products.

6. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Welcome Nik! Let's see some warm weather photos from down there. We're freezing up here. ;)

7. DigitalD

DigitalD TalkEmount Veteran

Mar 2, 2014
    Miami
    David K Fonseca
    Welcome Nik. Some of my favorite people are from NZ :) also forums are a good place to ask questions. Fire away when you need to!