Hi from Germany

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Salander, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Salander

Salander New to TalkEmount

Sep 1, 2011
    Hello! I am but a lurker at seriouscompacts.com (love the images, the friendly spirit, the humor). I am from Germany (which would explain my English...) and own a Pentax K100D, my first digital camera. Unfortunately, I find it way too heavy and cumbersome (otherwise a fine cam), so I only take it out for the rare times I need to shoot a pic for our local non-profit newspaper. (Sounds grand, but isn't. Bad printing quality, thank God.) So I am very inerested in serious compacts/ EVILs, including the NEX system.

So I'm really just a beginner in photography, without a portable camera... just saying. (Did I mention that sweepstakes are totally legal in Germany? Just sayin'...)

Now, to find an interesting topic to start in this forum... no ulterior motive, of course...
  2. teshi

teshi TalkEmount Rookie

Sep 1, 2011
    Guten Abend. Mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut! :-(

I am currently in Berlin for the next few days for IFA and seeing the sites tomorrow. Really nice and clean city compared to London and the same when I visited Breman a little while ago.

As for a new camera, well the EVIL's are great so much more transportable (not yet pocketable depending on the lens) so you have such a great choice. If money is an issue, look at the original NEX-3 and NEX-5 since they will be selling with the launch of the new range, although the NEX-7 just looks very very impressive. I wish I could comment on other brands but yet to try them out.
  3. olli

olli TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 16, 2011
    Washington DC
    Grüß Gott oder guten Tag Salander. Hopefully you will pick up some good information here to help with your decision.
  4. Salander

Salander New to TalkEmount

Sep 1, 2011
    Oh, your German is fine (both of you), not even a typo! Thank you for your warm welcomes.