1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hi from Boston (the original one in the UK)

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by paulmgleeson, Aug 8, 2012.

1. paulmgleeson

paulmgleeson New to TalkEmount

Aug 8, 2012
    Boston, Linconshire, UK
    Paul M Gleeson
    Up to now I have mainly used Nikon (F80, F90x, F100, F5 D1, D80, D200) & Minolta slr/dslrs (Dynax 700xi, Dynax 7, Dynax 7D) - as I have got older found the kit to be too heavy to lug around and have spent the last few years trying to find a replacement, tried various 4/3 micro 4/3 cameras and a Sony alpha dslr (550). Bought a Nex 5n a couple of weeks ago and so far I am very impressed.

Still have a weakness for film rangefinders especially Soviet leica copies. Also use a Ricoh GR1s (film) and GRD1 (digital)

Finally I am interested in experimenting with the sigma foveon sensor so thinking about picking up one of the cameras that use that sensor.

Here are a few pictures I took with the Nex this morning

teasel - goldfinched 1. teasel -goldfinchd 2. thistle down.

2. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    Hi and welcome Paul

Quite a diverse camera history :)

3. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Welcome Paul! :)

Yes, very impressive photographic exposure there, Paul. I can imagine from that, you're not one to be easily impressed so your comment carries a lot of weight. I hope we'll hear more further impressions from you as you get more acquainted with your NEX.

BTW, you are not alone with your initial assessment of the 5N. I very good friend of mine just recently sold his DSLR gear and immediately bought a 5N. Two days later (Friday last week) he's off to Singapore and Thailand on holiday, completely green with regards to mirrorless cameras this being his first. He emails me yesterday... "Loving this camera. I've taken a lot of low light shots and man I'm super impressed. Best thing I have bought in a long time."