Hi from Australia

Penno

TalkEmount Rookie
Finally found a small mirror less camera for travelling a A6400 with a 18-200 lens,I use a canon R and 7dm2,more than happy with the Sony.

Penno

TalkEmount Rookie
One of our local tawny frogmouths taken with my A6400
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Penno

TalkEmount Rookie
Welcome Penno... I love my A6400 but, have never tried the 18-200mm lens. It seems like a wonderfully wide focal range... My long lens for the A6400 is the Sony 70-350mm...
Need the wide for lanscapes and close up

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Will
Welcome Penno! To the forum, as well as to Sony. To truly exploit all the attributes of the a6400, my advice is to not try to shoot with it like a Canon DSLR. Most of our tricks and habits shooting with another (mirrored) platform, will hamper your transition. I had to unlearn some of the things I used to do with my DSLR to discover how much more I can achieve on the Sony.
That was ~6 years ago. Today, your a6400 is packed with even more features. So, I think you're going to really enjoy it.

2nd bit of advice, is to be sure to have a supply of batteries on hand for a full days shoot. Fortunately, 3rd party batteries are relatively cheap these days. I found Wasabi brand to work well for the money. 4 should cover an entire day-night, 6 for cold weather shooting.

Once you get comfortable, explore the potential of very affordable vintage manual-focus lenses. Some have exquisite rendering, and the Sony's focusing features make is so easy.

Have fun!

Penno

TalkEmount Rookie
Thank you all for the welcome , it is a different camera with many features.
you say there are other lenses I can use,that will be a bonus.
Thank you.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom