1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hi everyone

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Nievesgirl, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Nievesgirl

Nievesgirl TalkEmount Rookie

Aug 28, 2013
    SoCal
    I decided to join forum because I am thinking of buying a Sony Nex 6. My father ( RIP) had a sony nex 3 which I sold to my friend ( regret it now ) I actually miss it :p.
    I have one 7D and one 20D ( which I will be giving to my cousin). I also have a small canon powershot. I have came to the conclusion that my powershot isn't filling in the need for a smaller camera with DSLR quality shots. My dad had a bunch of cameras I sold off , I played with the sony N3 for a bit and was very impressed with it. I love how it was small but took very good pictures ( especially compared to my powershot)

So this is why I am here I am going to do some research before I buy one. I am not sure if the nex 6 is right for me so expect lots of questions.

2. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Welcome, Nievesgirl. The NEX-6 that I bought last year is still, with all its interface quirks, my all-time favorite camera (so far). Here's hoping it works for you, when you get it.

3. sleekdigital

sleekdigital TalkEmount Regular

May 7, 2013
    Good luck! I chose the NEX-6 over the lower end models because of the EVF and built in flash. I chose it over the NEX-7 because of the price and the 6 has a new/standard hot shoe. Also IMO, 16 megapixels seems to be the sweet spot for APS-C sized sensor... for now at least.

4. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Welcome to the forum and (eventually) the NEX family. The nice thing about the NEX series is the number of choices you have for bodies. Something for everyone! :)