Hi all

jeffh942

TalkEmount Regular
Hi all. I’m Jeff from Wigan in Lancashire. UK. After joining up last week I’ve posted a few shots in various forums and already received a warm welcome. A long time Nikon user going back many years I made the move to mirrorless in 2016 to reduce size and weight and bought a Fuji x-e2s and the 10-24, 18-55 and 55-230 lenses. I have reached the age though when IBIS is fast becoming a necessity rather than a luxury when using my legacy lenses, which at last count was 24 of differing makes Canon FD, Minolta, Takumar and some Russian lenses.

I have waited patiently for Fuji to come up with a small IBIS camera and it still looks a way off so bought a A6500 and a couple of native lenses the 24mm 1.8 and the 18-135 zoom, but the camera is mainly for the vintage lenses. I am very happy with the equipment so far and very pleased with the results I’m getting. I take photographs of everything and anything and particularly enjoy HDR, flowers, landscapes, boats etc. Looking forward to learning from others and helping if I can.( I have not picked up the Fuji since I got the Sony 5 weeks ago).

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Will
Welcome aboard! There are a number of a6500 shooters here, so I'm sure you can get tips with your new camera if you need any.
My 1st Sony tip is to be sure to have enough batteries to last a day's shoot. ;)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom