1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Hey Phoenix/others see the SLR Magic 35mm 1.7 with e mount for $139, BUT...

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Lenses' started by lapdog99, Jan 30, 2012.

1. lapdog99

lapdog99 TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    Colorado
    I haven't seen this lens mentioned one way of the other. I could probably try a Nokkor 1.4 with fotodiox for same
    or less money. Any comments or thoughts?

2. lowincash

lowincash TalkEmount Regular

Dec 21, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Kin
  3. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    It's the same as the Fujian 35mm f/1.7 or any other branded CCTV lens with this specs. I've got the Fujian one. It's a nice special effect lens but not really suitable for everyday shooting.

The first two pics on my Flickr show what this lens delivers. Havn't shot it too much 'cos of the bad weather here, but maybe it helps you. Flickr: Poki5's Photostream

4. lapdog99

lapdog99 TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    Colorado
    Thanks. Not what I thought it was.

5. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    I agree with Poki, the pre-existing lenses coming from SLR Magic are good but more of a specialty lens rather than for everyday shooting. But the new lenses they have released (since buying out Noktor) are something to definitely watch out for, their recently (re)released 50mm f.05 is causing so much of a stir as of late with images that is on par with the $11,000 Leica Noctilux, they have decided to scrap the old re-branded lens formulation and re-did the lens from the ground up. SLR magic (who now also owns Noktor) is definitely a lens manufacturer that needs to be watched.

If you're looking for a nice 35mm, you can try your luck looking for a 35mm Rokkor (they're bit uncommon) or alternatively Voigtlander have a couple of 35mm 1.4 lenses (M mount) that performs very well with the NEX (the lenses are quite compact too).

6. serhan

serhan TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
  7. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Yeah, it's definitely bang for the buck! Just not ideal as your "main" lens. Nevertheless I wont buy another 35mm lens - it's good enough. And with the 16 2.8, the 24 1.8 and the 50 1.8 it's a pretty complete set of fast primes for the NEX. :)

8. pchicken

pchicken New to TalkEmount

Feb 6, 2012
    I have a takumar 35mm f2.. one of my favorites on a Nex.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk