• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Hey Phoenix/others see the SLR Magic 35mm 1.7 with e mount for $139, BUT...

lapdog99

TalkEmount Veteran
I haven't seen this lens mentioned one way of the other. I could probably try a Nokkor 1.4 with fotodiox for same
or less money. Any comments or thoughts?

Poki

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
It's the same as the Fujian 35mm f/1.7 or any other branded CCTV lens with this specs. I've got the Fujian one. It's a nice special effect lens but not really suitable for everyday shooting.

The first two pics on my Flickr show what this lens delivers. Havn't shot it too much 'cos of the bad weather here, but maybe it helps you. Flickr: Poki5's Photostream

Phoenix

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Phoenix Gonzales
I agree with Poki, the pre-existing lenses coming from SLR Magic are good but more of a specialty lens rather than for everyday shooting. But the new lenses they have released (since buying out Noktor) are something to definitely watch out for, their recently (re)released 50mm f.05 is causing so much of a stir as of late with images that is on par with the $11,000 Leica Noctilux, they have decided to scrap the old re-branded lens formulation and re-did the lens from the ground up. SLR magic (who now also owns Noktor) is definitely a lens manufacturer that needs to be watched.

If you're looking for a nice 35mm, you can try your luck looking for a 35mm Rokkor (they're bit uncommon) or alternatively Voigtlander have a couple of 35mm 1.4 lenses (M mount) that performs very well with the NEX (the lenses are quite compact too).

Poki

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Yeah, it's definitely bang for the buck! Just not ideal as your "main" lens. Nevertheless I wont buy another 35mm lens - it's good enough. And with the 16 2.8, the 24 1.8 and the 50 1.8 it's a pretty complete set of fast primes for the NEX. :)

pchicken

New to TalkEmount
I have a takumar 35mm f2.. one of my favorites on a Nex.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom