1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hexanon 40mm F1.8 infinity focus issue

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by samcmoore, May 23, 2014.

1. samcmoore

samcmoore TalkEmount Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    Hey Everyone,

I have recently started looking at these Hexanon lenses to use on my A7r, I bought an adaptor from ebay and received a 40mm f1.8 today. At first use its brilliant, superb lens, very sharp (quite shocked how sharp it really is), lovely to use, but as soon as I try any distance captures I can`t focus to infinity unless I stop right down to F11 which is absolutely fine in the day, but at night, this is not ideal at all. I have not come across this issue before, but would anyone have similar experience to this? I am wondering if it was the adaptor I use or whether it could be a fault lens, but its really hard to know.

Any thoughts would be great
    Thank you
    Sam

2. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    My guess would be that it's the adapter. I had a similar problem with a cheap Fotga adapter for a Canon FD lens that I bought on ebay. It wouldn't quite reach infinity. If you can return it or exchange it, I'd try that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. samcmoore

Mar 17, 2014
    Thanks for the reply, and that is very interesting, definately seems to point more towards being the adaptor. I hope so anyway because I`m loving this lens.

4. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    I've had exactly the same problem with my Hexanon 40/1.8: not perfectly sharp at infinity, not even at f/11. I just bought another adapter from a different brand (and look for something with more differences than just the brand name otherwise they probably come from the same supplier). For what it's worth, my Fotga adapter works fine with the Hexanon 40/1.8.

• Like Like x 1
  5. samcmoore

Mar 17, 2014
    Brilliant, thanks for that, I have now ordered a Fotga adaptor :).

6. mrlrz

mrlrz TalkEmount Regular

Nov 13, 2013
    Another point from me for fotga & hexanon 40/1.8 (on nex6)

7. samcmoore

Mar 17, 2014
    Too update on this.. the Fotga adaptor arrived, and the 40mm F1.8 works perfectly :) thanks for the advise.

• Like Like x 1