1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Help with an older vintage flash.

Discussion in 'Lighting Forum' started by ErickSaint, Nov 26, 2012.

1. ErickSaint

ErickSaint TalkEmount Regular

Aug 27, 2012
    Milwaukee, WI
    Erick
    Ok, so I came across this in a closet and forgot I had it. Got it way way back, never used it. My 5n will be here this week, along with a JJC hot shoe adapter. I hear these adapters are hit or miss, but would be interested in using it to trigger some off camera stuff.

I looked all over the net and cant even find one shred of info about this flash, It is a Rokinon 2600 Auto according to the label on the front.
    On to the questions. I have no idea how to set this thing up. The T S N W switch also moves the M/ft gauge seen right above it. The shutter speed switch moves the F stop gauge seen right below it. The zoom on the flash head has the indications of W-28 in white lettering, N-35 in yellow, S-50 in blue, and T-85 in green. These correspond to the TSNW markings and colors on the lower switch. The switch on the bottom left is a 3 position with a blue dot on the left, yellow dot in the middle, and a "M" on the right, guessing that's for manual mode. I put batteries in my Canon SLR to test and this is a fully working flash, just a little beat up. Hoping I can use it to to tinker with OCF stuff and keep the cost low.

I couldn't even find a picture of anything like this, would love to read a manual for a similar unit, but I have been coming up empty handed. I'll post a few phone pics for reference. Thanks for any help somebody could give with this setup. My old flash was pretty straight forward to setup, but sold it off when I had lost interest in the rising cost of developing fees, and entering digital.

If I can provide any other info to help just let me know.

Photo1.

Photo2.

2. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Would that stand for Tele Standard Normal and Wide ??? Sure Standard and Normal would be a bit of the same thing; It makes senses tho when you see it labels W at 28 and N at 35, my guess is S will be 50, and tele maybe 70 or 80 ??

3. ErickSaint

ErickSaint TalkEmount Regular

Aug 27, 2012
    Milwaukee, WI
    Erick
    That would make sense. Wonder how that corresponds to the blue and yellow lines between the two gauges for fstop and distance. Because the slides don't go far enough to center all the numbers under those little dots at the end of the lines between. Maybe the lines are just a range of sorts.

I thought I had seen a flash similar to this from a more mainstream company, but I sure cannot seen to remember. Was hoping to get instructions on a similar unit to shed some light.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2