Help! Olympus PEN-F 38mm STUCK on adapter!

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by José Ramos, Mar 26, 2013.

1. José Ramos

José Ramos New to TalkEmount

Mar 26, 2013
    Hello there.

This is my first post on the Talknexforum (I'm a Sony Alpha user), and unfortunately it's not for a good reason.

I bought a used Olympus 38mm PEN-F f1.8 for my Sony NEX5. I also ordered an ebay adapter. I was going to buy a cheap adapter from Amazon, but was warned that it didn't have a necessary aperture pin so that I would be able to change aperture without having to push the aperture button in the lens. As such, I went for a generic chinese adapter from ebay.

I received both the lens and the adapter today. To my surprise, as soon as I tried to attach the lens it got immediatly stuck in the adapter! I didn't exert that much force when it got stuck, and I was barely starting to rotate it in the adapter.

Since I couldn't remove it, I tried to see if it would attach any further. I wouldn't mind that much to have the lens stuck in the adapter, since I won't use it for anything else. It moved a tiny bit, but I couldn't fully attach it.

Right now I can't either try to attach if further or remove it! I'm not a weak guy, and I already applied a LOT of strength to remove the lens, and it won't move.

I'm attaching two quick pictures I made of the bottom of the lens on the adapter. In the second picture you can see that the lens is rotated a bit further, which happened after I forced it into attaching, instead of removal.

Looking forward to hear from you. Sorry if my english isn't that good, but it's not my native language.