1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Help me build a small run and gun rig for a nex 5...not zacuto!

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by jtbullet, Aug 10, 2011.

1. jtbullet

jtbullet New to TalkEmount

Aug 9, 2011
    Hi. I saw a good little doc on vimeo by the guy who made "Another Yesterday". He was using a small rail set with a follow focus, and a grip handle. I liked the economy of the setup, but the price is uneconomical. The zacuto grip alone is $275. So how about it guys, who makes a similar setup that wont break the bank?

2. jtbullet

jtbullet New to TalkEmount

Aug 9, 2011
    Here is an update to my dilemma. I bought a rig from gini 2011 on ebay. its a small modular shoulder set up, with a handle, rails, and a follow focus. the unit is modular, so i can remove the shoulder piece, and use only a small handheld portion (handle, rails, follow focus) with whatever nex i pick (5n or 7). I will post pics when i get it. Gini rigs are really nice, but on the surface they appear to be expensive. But if you watch the auctions, you will see that many of the rigs sell for ridiculously low prices and usually dont get anywhere near the exorbitant "buy it now prices".
    Thanks,
    jarrett