1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Help Identifying this Vivitar S1 70-210mm mount

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by RedRunner, Jun 4, 2015.

1. RedRunner

RedRunner New to TalkEmount

Jun 4, 2015
    Adrian
    Hello
    New amateur photographer here with a Sonny a6000, I just purchased this lens on Ebay and was told it was a Minolta MD mount (witch I have the adapter for) but when I received the package yesterday I was very excited but to my not so good surprise it was not. I was wondering if any of you good folks in here may be able to identify this mount from looking at some pictures of the lens so I can purchase the proper adapter to e-mount? Thank you in advance and any information comments or DSC00943.JPG DSC00942.JPG DSC00945.JPG tips are appreciated.

2. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    Might be OM.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. AlwaysOnAuto

AlwaysOnAuto TalkEmount Top Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    Hi Adrian,
    I have a later similar lens in Nikon mount and noticed it has an N/AI marked on the grey part of the lens mount. To be sure, I'd suggest you take it to a camera shop and ask if they can ID it for you, and demonstrate mounting it on a camera if you're not sure of their expertise on the subject.
    Here's a shot of my mount showing the N/AI marking.
    DSC03304-1N-AI.

4. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    That's an Olympus OM mount.

5. AlwaysOnAuto

AlwaysOnAuto TalkEmount Top Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. JonathanF2

JonathanF2 TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 16, 2014
    I own the version 2 of that lens in Nikon mount. Yours is a Kiron made lens and I believe excelled in sharpness at the long end.

7. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Vivitar is all over the place. Mine is an MD Mount.

8. RedRunner

RedRunner New to TalkEmount

Jun 4, 2015
    Adrian
    After taking a look at the link above I believe xXx1 and WNG are correct and it appears to me as being a OM mount. Thank you all for your help, of to buy a OM mount....