Hello

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Mr. C, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Mr. C

Mr. C New to TalkEmount

Dec 7, 2012
    Hello everyone,

I am new to photography, but have always had a huge interest in it. My girlfriend and I decided to make our first big boy (girl) camera purchase and went with the Nex-5r with the 18-55 mm kit lens.
    I am purchasing a smc takumar 55 / 1.8 this week that I found for $25 :). Looking for a good lens for wedding photos, the girlfriend is really into taking people pics, I am more a landscape guy.
    But I will stop rambling, glad to be here love what I see so far

2. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Hello! It's really neat that you both share a similar interest.

I think you're gonna be real happy with the image quality of that TAK55... it's really great for portraiture amongst other things. I've got one too, one of my favourites...

3. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Welcome Mr C.

I think you and your girlfriend are going to be pleased with your choice of camera.

And the Society of the Tak 55/1.8 gains another member! ;)

4. Mr. C

Mr. C New to TalkEmount

Dec 7, 2012
    Thank you both, I actually was looking at a member's post here that had taken beautiful portraits of her kids with the lens and I was sold, so no I just need to buy the adapter on amazon.

5. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    ^^That must be Claire aka "nianys" here :D

Welcome :)

6. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Yes, that has to be me :) I actually have the PK mount version of the lens, but they're probably optically similar anyway. It's a fantastic lens, my favorite 50ish lens so far, and God knows I've tested about a dozen !