• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Hello

Mr. C

New to TalkEmount
Hello everyone,

I am new to photography, but have always had a huge interest in it. My girlfriend and I decided to make our first big boy (girl) camera purchase and went with the Nex-5r with the 18-55 mm kit lens.
I am purchasing a smc takumar 55 / 1.8 this week that I found for $25 :). Looking for a good lens for wedding photos, the girlfriend is really into taking people pics, I am more a landscape guy.
But I will stop rambling, glad to be here love what I see so far

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
Hello! It's really neat that you both share a similar interest.

I think you're gonna be real happy with the image quality of that TAK55... it's really great for portraiture amongst other things. I've got one too, one of my favourites...

Mr. C

New to TalkEmount
Thank you both, I actually was looking at a member's post here that had taken beautiful portraits of her kids with the lens and I was sold, so no I just need to buy the adapter on amazon.

NickCyprus

Super Moderator
Real Name
Nick
Thank you both, I actually was looking at a member's post here that had taken beautiful portraits of her kids with the lens and I was sold, so no I just need to buy the adapter on amazon.

^^That must be Claire aka "nianys" here :D

Welcome :)

nianys

TalkEmount All-Pro
^^That must be Claire aka "nianys" here :D

Welcome :)

Yes, that has to be me :) I actually have the PK mount version of the lens, but they're probably optically similar anyway. It's a fantastic lens, my favorite 50ish lens so far, and God knows I've tested about a dozen !

Latest threads

Top Bottom