• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Hello

Mr. C

New to TalkEmount
Hello everyone,

I am new to photography, but have always had a huge interest in it. My girlfriend and I decided to make our first big boy (girl) camera purchase and went with the Nex-5r with the 18-55 mm kit lens.
I am purchasing a smc takumar 55 / 1.8 this week that I found for $25 :). Looking for a good lens for wedding photos, the girlfriend is really into taking people pics, I am more a landscape guy.
But I will stop rambling, glad to be here love what I see so far

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
Hello! It's really neat that you both share a similar interest.

I think you're gonna be real happy with the image quality of that TAK55... it's really great for portraiture amongst other things. I've got one too, one of my favourites...

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
Welcome Mr C.

I think you and your girlfriend are going to be pleased with your choice of camera.

And the Society of the Tak 55/1.8 gains another member! ;)

Mr. C

New to TalkEmount
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you both, I actually was looking at a member's post here that had taken beautiful portraits of her kids with the lens and I was sold, so no I just need to buy the adapter on amazon.

NickCyprus

Super Moderator
Real Name
Nick
Thank you both, I actually was looking at a member's post here that had taken beautiful portraits of her kids with the lens and I was sold, so no I just need to buy the adapter on amazon.
^^That must be Claire aka "nianys" here :D

Welcome :)

nianys

TalkEmount All-Pro
^^That must be Claire aka "nianys" here :D

Welcome :)
Yes, that has to be me :) I actually have the PK mount version of the lens, but they're probably optically similar anyway. It's a fantastic lens, my favorite 50ish lens so far, and God knows I've tested about a dozen !

Latest posts

Top Bottom