Hello, i want to start with a mirrorless!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by argon, Dec 1, 2014.

1. argon

argon TalkEmount Regular

Dec 1, 2014
    Padua, Italy
    Giovanni
    hello everyone from Italy:p

My real name is Giovanni, but i choose as nickname "argon" because is my favourite element XD
    I am 19 years old, and i would like to take some stunning photos with small amount of weight. I think that this forum is a very nice place, to look around and understand what to choose.
    My photos skills is only theoretically except how to play whit the light that i still need to learn it almost well, i know how to use the exposure value and adjust the good amount of light to make a photo whit perfect amount of light, by playing whit iso, shutter and aperture.
    I just met this forum whit an amazing thread -> , after searching on the NET some nex lens :cool: russian lens for first.

and now i'm browsing on the buy&sell zone, and it's look awesome very nice prince
    i'm in search of a nex-6 /nex-7 at least best if used

sorry for m y bad english
    hope to see you on all the 3d :cool:

2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Hi.

Glad to have ya.

3. christian

christian TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 12, 2014
    Boston MA
    Hi and welcome to this forum!
    You should find here a lot of good advice. indeed, mirrorless cameras are the lightest cameras with DSLR image quality.

you can also check out this website. You should find some interesting stuff ;-) http://ilovehatephoto.com/
    we're 3 mirrorless shooters (2 Sony A7 and 1 Sony NEX-5T)

4. fractal

fractal TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 17, 2014
    Southeastern PA
    Chris
    Welcome to the club!

5. SpaceManSpiff

SpaceManSpiff TalkEmount Top Veteran

Dec 13, 2013
    Tucson, AZ
    Eric
    Hi there Argon!

Welcome. I can't wait to see pictures of your city --I visited there a summer there as a boy. Feel free to ask questions, we are a friendly bunch.

6. argon

argon TalkEmount Regular

Dec 1, 2014
    Padua, Italy
    Giovanni
    Thanks everyone for this warm welcome!! :cool::thumbup:
    haha i live near venice it's about 20min to me, i've recently order an used Nex-7 only body, guys i need lens!!!

btw: maybe noob questions but why i cant set avatar?

7. SpaceManSpiff

Dec 13, 2013
    Tucson, AZ
    Eric
    You can't set your avatar because you don't have 100 posts yet. Total noob question :D (i wondered about that too when i was noob)

8. argon

argon TalkEmount Regular

Dec 1, 2014
    Padua, Italy
    Giovanni
    ah ok, i can understand why hahah

does anyone know if adorama.com when ship used items, mark as "used item" on the parcel? i dont want to pay lots of tax i've buyed from him the nex-7, btw if i'll pay like 20% of tax it will cost me, still less than any other used nex in my country like 5n used in my country it's at 450€ when new is at 549€.

so a quick tips, Italy is a nice country whit nice place, but items cost a lot!!

9. ztryfe

ztryfe TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 19, 2014
    Mexico
    Vic
    Welcome around!

I understand you point, I'm from Mexico and there seems to be a tax for that, I usually scavenge around for legacy lenses in flea markets and local auction sites, I've got some cool glass at reasonable prices. Original e mount lenses? Incredibly overpriced in my country!

• Like Like x 2
  10. argon

argon TalkEmount Regular

Dec 1, 2014
    Padua, Italy
    Giovanni
    ahhaha same for me on the native lens!!!

11. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    There are places selling used lenses in Europe too. I use Ffordes (http://ffordes.co.uk) and MK Optics (http://mkoptics.net/) mainly.

• Like Like x 4
  12. lelejk86

lelejk86 New to TalkEmount

Nov 7, 2014
    Check out MSCfoto, it's a nice Italian forum about photography, mostly about sony and minolta. There are a lot of cameras and lenses for sale there, many at great prices!

• Like Like x 1
  13. argon

argon TalkEmount Regular

Dec 1, 2014
    Padua, Italy
    Giovanni
    today my nex-7 arrive from adorama.com!!! i had to pay 111,97€ to the post office because of tax.. but still nice prince for me...
    the camera on adorama was marked as E- but it's like new to me! It doesn't show any sign of scratch or something similiar very nice us!!

then
    very thanks for your links xXx1

i need some lens!!

xXx1: from your link witch one will you choose?

1 http://mkoptics.net/m/product_info.php?products_id=8870
    or
    2 http://mkoptics.net/m/product_info.php?products_id=8890
    or
    3 http://mkoptics.net/m/product_info.php?products_id=8232

??

• Like Like x 1
  14. ztryfe

ztryfe TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 19, 2014
    Mexico
    Vic
    The zuiko is quite nice, its on my "to get" list

15. argon

argon TalkEmount Regular

Dec 1, 2014
    Padua, Italy
    Giovanni
    which one of those is best manufactered in mechanical ?

and guys best sharpen pancake lens what would be?

16. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    Cosina is probably worst of these, especially mechanically. I would pick Zuiko too but don't have personal experience about it.

Every mirrorless user tight on money should look out old Canon lenses, good quality and cheap. Hate the mount but get a adapter for every lens. I am looking Yashica ML 50mm/1.4 at the moment, btw..

17. SpaceManSpiff

Dec 13, 2013
    Tucson, AZ
    Eric
    I have the OM 50 1.4 but mine is a later non silver nose model. It is a nice compact lens. Very contrasty and warm colors but with a somewhat nervous bokeh at times --I will post some more images in the showcase thread tomorrow (I have been meaning to do that anyway).

argon: if sharpness is a priority --although not a pancake, the sigma prime lenses are sharp for not a lot of money.

• Like Like x 1