1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello from West Virginia, USA

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Nubster, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Nubster

Nubster TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 5, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Chad
    I guess I should introduce myself since I've been posting the last few days. My name is Chad and I am a hobbyist photographer. Since I started shooting 6 year ago, I've been a Nikonian. Started with a D70 and worked my way up to my current D300. Over the past year or so, I find that I rarely take my camera out anymore. I've kinda found that the size and weight are big factors in that. Also, it seems that much of my shooting these days are in lower light and anyone that knows the D300 knows this is one of it's weak spots. I love the camera, but I need to move on to something that will give me better low light performance and be smaller and lighter so that I'll not mind lugging it about. Enter, the NEX-6. While I know it's not up to D300 standards in some respects, it surpasses it in others. I think that the form factor for me wins this fight in addition to the potential of better images due to a better sensor, making it a logical step for me to take.

So anyways, that's my photography journey in a nutshell. My NEX has been ordered this morning, I'll probably order a lens or two today as well, some old Minolta glass, I have my Nikon lenses on hand and adapters on the way as well for both the Nikon and Minolta stuff...so with a little luck, I'll be posting up some NEX produced pics by mid week, next week. In the mean time, I'll be reading up as much as I can trying to learn the ways of the NEX.

Just for kicks, I'll leave you with a few shots I've taken with my D300...

CatandSquirrelAdjustDeNoise.

Masons.

MorningGlory2-1.

Blackwater-Falls-1-1.

2. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Hello !! That's a nice set of pics you got there. I'm fond of this part of the world as I spent my exchange student year in the Shenandoah valley in VA. Gorgeous, gorgeous place. I think the place I'd buy a house immediately if I won the lottery would be Smith Mountain Lake.
    Congrats on the 6 it's a great camera (which I had an enjoyed). I'm sure you'll put it to excellent use and can't wait to see the pics.

3. Orange

Orange TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 4, 2013
    England
    It's not Orange!
    Hi and welcome, lovely photos there ;)

4. Grisu_HDH

Grisu_HDH TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 16, 2012
    Southern Germany
    Markus
    Welcome to the club... let's see what happens NEXt...

5. olli

olli TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 16, 2011
    Washington DC
    olli
    Hello and welcome Chad.

6. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Chad ? Who's named Chad ? Dang I don't think I can resist a guy named Chad. Better not meet one ;)

7. Nubster

Jan 5, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Chad
    smile122.

8. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Welcome to the family Chad - excelent shots there (love the first and last ones) ;)

9. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Congrats on the NEX6! Love your photos especially the last one.

Really looking forward to seeing some of your up and coming NEX night shots... :)

10. Nubster

Jan 5, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Chad
    Yeah, night shots are a blast. I've only recently started messing with really low/no light photography. I love the effect. Here's a shot, my first actually, from the basement of a photography studio where I took a class...it was a no light long exposure shot....

DustyBike1024x680.

DustyBikeColor1024x680.

11. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Beautiful shots, welcome