• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Hello from the Netherlands

Barbara

New to TalkEmount
Real Name
Barbara
Hi everybody

I sold all my professional equipment this week and bought myself a Sony NEX 5N with 18-55mm Lens. After seeing some high iso shots I can't wait to take it out to a concert venue. Hope santa brings me the Sony NEX 50mm F1.8 :D

Deadbear77

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Kevin
Hi Barbra, I use mine for extreme low light concert, bar poor lighting ....

Use my minolta 1.4 and 1.7 mostly for these situations

yqyse5ar.jpg
a5ujuhu2.jpg
suga6e5u.jpg
avuryzej.jpg

These were taken at ISO 1600/3200
over the weekend.

Welcome aboard!!

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
Hi everybody

I sold all my professional equipment this week and bought myself a Sony NEX 5N with 18-55mm Lens. After seeing some high iso shots I can't wait to take it out to a concert venue. Hope santa brings me the Sony NEX 50mm F1.8 :D

Welcome Barbara. The citizens get more diverse here every day it seems. :)

Just curious- what prompted you to sell pro gear and buy a NEX?

Barbara

New to TalkEmount
Real Name
Barbara
Thanks all :D

@ Bimjo.. I sold my gear because I have a constant pain in my arm... caused by the heavy weight from the Nikon D3s and lenses. After the D3s I had a Nikon D700 and a Pentax K-5 but the pain did never get away. Last week I decided to sell everything and bought myself this camera because I don't want to quit photography!

@ Deadbear77... Your low light pictures look great. Thanks for sharing!

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
Thanks all :D

@ Bimjo.. I sold my gear because I have a constant pain in my arm... caused by the heavy weight from the Nikon D3s and lenses. After the D3s I had a Nikon D700 and a Pentax K-5 but the pain did never get away. Last week I decided to sell everything and bought myself this camera because I don't want to quit photography!

@ Deadbear77... Your low light pictures look great. Thanks for sharing!

Ah, I know the feeling, I got my 5N form a similar reason. Honestly I really haven't missed the dslr as the image quality of the 5N is superb. I think you'll be happy with a NEX. :)

freddytto

TalkEmount All-Pro
Welcome Bárbara, we hope you enjoy the group and congratulations for your new camera, you will not regret truthful, the nex5n is phenomenal

Barbara

New to TalkEmount
Real Name
Barbara
Thank you all for your warm welcome :D

Didn't get the change to make some low light pictures yet so I decided to make some pictures outside my house
All pics are taken with the 18-55mm lens. Hope to get the 50 mm F1.8 real soon so I can take it with me to my favorite concert venue!

Latest posts

Top Bottom