Hello from Tennessee

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by briloop, Jun 8, 2016.

1. briloop

briloop New to TalkEmount

Jun 7, 2016

I'm a hobby photographer currently living in Tennessee. I shoot mainly people, events, and portraits. I would like your input on my plan to switch to Sony.

I've been using M43 gear for the last four years. M43 is a good system, but, it didn't appear to be evolving fast enough and reaching high enough to compete with, or even come reasonably close to Canon and Nikon.

The Sony e-mount system appeared to me as the one to have. So, I put most of my M43 gear up for sale. I'm planning to keep one M43 body and two M43 lenses. This kit will be my main gear until I buy the Sony A7rII.

After I sell my M43 gear, I'm planning to buy the Sony A7rII and a lens. Since I shoot mainly people, events, and portraits, I'm planning to buy the Canon 24-70 f2.8 and a lens converter. This should give me a short-range zoom that will cover most, if not all, of what I shoot.

Do you recommend a different lens? Which converter should I get?

2. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    Hey briloop, welcome to the forum! You'll find several members here who either migrated to Sony from the ยต4/3 world (like me), or are bi-cameral, like you. I'm afraid I can't help you with your Canon/adapter question, but I bet there is someone here with that setup who could chime in.
  3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Welcome. The beauty of the E-Mount system is that almost any lens can be adapted for usage.

Sent from my SM-N920P using TalkEmount app
  4. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Welcome! I think you're going to love the new A7Rii. Suggestion: Since you aren't bringing over a lot of Canon lenses, you may want to buy the new Sony GM 24-70 f2.8.
    Native, no adapter, fast, beautiful sharp glass. Cost is the same.
    Unless you have plans for more Canon lenses.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. briloop

briloop New to TalkEmount

Jun 7, 2016
    Pulled the trigger today and ordered the A7Rii and the Sony GM 24-70 f2.8.
    • Like Like x 3