1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello from Tennessee

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by briloop, Jun 8, 2016.

1. briloop

briloop New to TalkEmount

Jun 7, 2016
    Tennessee
    Hello,

I'm a hobby photographer currently living in Tennessee. I shoot mainly people, events, and portraits. I would like your input on my plan to switch to Sony.

I've been using M43 gear for the last four years. M43 is a good system, but, it didn't appear to be evolving fast enough and reaching high enough to compete with, or even come reasonably close to Canon and Nikon.

The Sony e-mount system appeared to me as the one to have. So, I put most of my M43 gear up for sale. I'm planning to keep one M43 body and two M43 lenses. This kit will be my main gear until I buy the Sony A7rII.

After I sell my M43 gear, I'm planning to buy the Sony A7rII and a lens. Since I shoot mainly people, events, and portraits, I'm planning to buy the Canon 24-70 f2.8 and a lens converter. This should give me a short-range zoom that will cover most, if not all, of what I shoot.

Do you recommend a different lens? Which converter should I get?

Thanks,

Mike

2. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Hey briloop, welcome to the forum! You'll find several members here who either migrated to Sony from the ยต4/3 world (like me), or are bi-cameral, like you. I'm afraid I can't help you with your Canon/adapter question, but I bet there is someone here with that setup who could chime in.

3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Welcome. The beauty of the E-Mount system is that almost any lens can be adapted for usage.

Sent from my SM-N920P using TalkEmount app

4. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    Welcome! I think you're going to love the new A7Rii. Suggestion: Since you aren't bringing over a lot of Canon lenses, you may want to buy the new Sony GM 24-70 f2.8.
    Native, no adapter, fast, beautiful sharp glass. Cost is the same.
    Unless you have plans for more Canon lenses.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. briloop

briloop New to TalkEmount

Jun 7, 2016
    Tennessee
    Pulled the trigger today and ordered the A7Rii and the Sony GM 24-70 f2.8.

• Like Like x 3