1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello from Tennessee!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by PSDigital, Mar 30, 2016.

1. PSDigital

PSDigital New to TalkEmount

Mar 30, 2016
    Loudon, Tennessee
    Paul
    Hello everyone! I stumbled across this forum while looking for a review on a 135 Minolta Celtic f/3.5 lens.
    I'm happy I found it since I just bought my Sony A7rII 2 days ago. I'm waiting on my adapter for my A Mount lenses and am considering M-42 and MD adapters as well. Canon and Sigma will come later. Lol
    I'm so excited to begin using this camera and all the possibilities it offers!

Anyway, I just wanted to say Hello and introduce myself. Looking forward to reading posts on here and sharing some photos.

• Like Like x 4
  2. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Welcome Paul! I'm sure I'm not the only one looking forward to seeing some images from your new toy... er, TOOL! :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. PSDigital

Mar 30, 2016
    Loudon, Tennessee
    Paul
    Thank you! I can't wait to get the adapter so I can play! ;)

4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    Welcome, Paul!

• Like Like x 1
  5. chalkdust

chalkdust TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 25, 2015
    Bert Cheney
    Welcome, Paul

• Like Like x 1
  6. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    Welcome aboard!

As for the MD Celtic 135 f/3.5.
    I have the MD-I and MD-II versions. The MD-III version is optically identical to the MD-II.

I prefer the MD-I version. It's a 4 in 4 optical formula, physically larger than the successors, but also higher build quality. I found it to be a bit sharper.
    The MD-II is much smaller and lighter. Use of plastics and a simplified design was used. Some of the elements are glued to the mounts and no longer serviceable. It's a 5 in 5 design with a smaller 49mm filter diameter. It's image quality is very good. If size and weight matters, then this one is it.
    It's one of the smallest and lightest full frame 135s.

There is some online statements that the Celtics were inferior versions of the Rokkors, but that isn't the case. They were identical optically with only minor cosmetic differences.

• Like Like x 1
  7. PSDigital

Mar 30, 2016
    Loudon, Tennessee
    Paul
    Thanks for the info! That's good to know since I haven't bought any of them yet.

8. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Welcome

Sent from my SM-N920P using TalkEmount mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  9. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    Welcome.

I must warn you that it appears you are already coming down with a bad case of GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome). This condition is especially common among e-mount camera owners. There is no cure, and those who post here are unlikely to be able to offer much assistance with the difficult road to remission. But you might go into remission when you've run out of room to store your lenses. Or your financial advisor (i.e. spouse) gives you an ultimatum, and you have to make a difficult decision. :rofl:

10. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Welcome along! Big fan of MD lenses here also but its a slipery slope as others have said :D

Also have the 135mm 3.5 MD and its a nice lens but I do think the f/2.8 is better :)