Hello from Spain, NEX6 user

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by josema, Apr 1, 2013.

1. josema

josema TalkEmount Regular

Mar 31, 2013
    Jose M. Alonso
    Hi all,

I've been using the forums as a regular reader for almost 3 months, since I got my NEX6. I came to the NEX system probably as many others. Not a pro by any means but an enthusiast, I had a SLR very long ago, then some PnS's, then got a Canon DSLR (450D) a couple years ago but I started to travel more and more due to work and I love to travel light so the Canon was being kept at home most of the time. I decided to sell it mid last year and move to a bridge (Nikon P510) which was a bad choice. Not because the camera is bad but because in the end, it's just a compact in a larger body and with a bigger lens. I was not enjoying photography as I one did, hence I decided to save some money and invest on something that could make me happy: DSLR quality, interchangeable lenses, light... and after quite some thinking I decided to go NEX.

Got the NEX6 + SEL16-50PZ Kit, which is ok, but wanted even more once I started to use it as the system is really nice. So I got the Sigma 30mm/f2.8 (amazing lens at its price tag). I tend to shoot quite a bit of landscapes and architecture so I also wanted a ultrawide lens. I got a used but mint SEL16mm/f2.8 which seems not as bad as several reviews I read but what I really wanted is to go ultrawide, so added the VCL-ECU1 to get to 12mm, a combo that costed me some €230 which is a pretty good price around here. Not happy enough with the results as I wanted to invest on something of great quality, that would last and would be versatile, I very recently got de SEL1018/f4 that I've just started to use (still need to decide if I like it enough to keep it, but that's for another thread)

I tend to upload most of my pics to my Flickr: josema's Photostream

I hope I'll become more of a contributor than a reader over the next few weeks. The forums had served me well to take some decisions and learn and it's about time to give back :)

See you all around!
  2. gio

gio TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 12, 2012
    Manchester, uk
    welcome and a nice read
  3. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    Welcome, and please post any photos you like from the 10-18mm. I have serious lust for one of those.
  4. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Ad Dieleman
    Hi, welcome to the forum! I enjoyed your pictures, my favourite was Gijón: algo de oleaje.

As for your hope to be a contributor, you already did: thanks very much for the full-size samples on Flickr, I'm expecting to get a second sample of the 10-18mm on Wednesday, after having returned the first one because of severe decentering. Your lens looks OK, just as all the other pics of the 10-18mm I saw on the 'net. That 16mm with the converter doesn't do bad at all, I must say.
  5. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Welcome to the forum. There are several posters who will (if they haven't already) thank you for posting pics from the 10-18. Lots of interest in that lens, for obvious reasons. :)
  6. josema

josema TalkEmount Regular

Mar 31, 2013
    Jose M. Alonso