Hello from Scotland

chorkie-dad

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Bill Logan
Think I have just found my photographic soulmate, having owned about every marquee manufacturers cameras i have just invested in what I believe to be the best i have ever used.
Sony A7ii, now into my mid 60s, weight was my main consideration with image quality paramount.
In my search for the ideal combination I have just invested in the Zeiss 24-70, replacing the Sony 28-70, however that lens is now second rater.
I have found the site excellent and have posted 5 images under my Avater chorkie-dad

chorkie-dad

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Bill Logan
A place called Airdrie, however I am in Aberdeen weekly on business, currently weating on a new 24-70 and was going to take it with me tomorrow to test it out. You will be familiar with my recent posts on Mull and Glencoe

Kiwi Paul

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Paul
Welcome fae me too, where abouts in Scotland do you live?
The 24-70 is a nice lens, I'm sure you will like it.
A place called Airdrie, however I am in Aberdeen weekly on business, currently weating on a new 24-70 and was going to take it with me tomorrow to test it out. You will be familiar with my recent posts on Mull and Glencoe
The 24-70 is a nice lens, I'm sure you will like it.
Yes been to Mull and Glencoe, very picturesque places.

chorkie-dad

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Bill Logan
Had a look at your Flickr, possibly we have bumped into each other, have a look at mine Bill logan

Kiwi Paul

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Paul
Had a look at your Flickr, possibly we have bumped into each other, have a look at mine Bill logan
You are a very good photographer, your flickr site is excellent, you clearly like portraiture and B&W, portraiture is something I've never had any real interest in, but I can see the appeal.
I don't know if we have ever bumped into each other though.
However I'm always willing to meet up for a shoot or just a coffee or beer so maybe we can arrange something, I have a couple of friends in Aberdeen who also shoot with the Sony gear so we could arrange a day out whatever.

chorkie-dad

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Bill Logan
At nearly 65 I doubt if I could keep up with you Paul. Yes I have found a new interest in Mono, especially now that you can download Free Nik Silver efex pro software normally over £100, please try it

Kiwi Paul

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Paul
At nearly 65 I doubt if I could keep up with you Paul. Yes I have found a new interest in Mono, especially now that you can download Free Nik Silver efex pro software normally over £100, please try it
I use the NIK software a lot, but for colour not B&W, since using the NIK I've found I can get a similar result using LR but it requires a lot more effort ...and nerve. I prefer to use LR or Photoshop for B&W but I'm not a big B&W shooter.
Most of our shoots are quite leisurely so I don't think there's any problem with "keeping up", we interrupt our shoots with lunch and coffee breaks, after all it's just for fun.

chorkie-dad

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Bill Logan
Would be nice to share some favorite locations, going to take camera with me next week and possibly take a few images around Stonehaven

mstphoto

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Mike Stephen
Hi Bill
Welcome aboard fellow Scot.
I am one of Kiwi Paul's mentioned friends (I think :D )
Would be nice to meet up sometime for a chat

Mike

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom